Community

Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

ORIGINAL: coryj

Can someone clarify rule #9 (i think) anyway, it's the rule about multiple bucks being entered. I scored in Virginia this morning on a six point, not sure what it will score, but I still have a VA buck tag and a PA buck tag and know that there are bigger bucks in the areas I hunt.

This morning started rainy with sustained winds and I only saw the buck I shot. My other pictures I emailed never got posted, if someones willing I'll email this buck to them for it to be posted. Probably won't be back on until Monday. Still not much rutting activity in my area of Virginia. This guy did take offense at the snort wheeze from the Primos buckroar and was looking for a fight. A few grunts got him to tear into asmall tree/shrub he was behind and the snort-wheeze made him posture and start stomping toward my stand. .270 wsm in the neck ended his little show.

Back to the original question, if I have to post this one for a score, let me know. If not I'll wait until all my hunting is finished.

thanks,

cory
Cory save the pics of it and enter it if you dont get a bigger one.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talk about a horrible weekend. Yesterday went out in a steady rain. Was suppose to drizzle. Wind was around 22 mph with gusts higher than that. I didn't see a single deer. Went back again this morning. Just windy today. Managed to shoot a yote about 20 feet away. Then the trouble started. I decided since a yote was in the area and I had shot it I would move to a different area. Big mistake. I was walking to a different area and I saw a litttle clearing. It was real thick where I was at. So in the process of walking to the clearing I found out why it was so clear. In this woods there is areas that is like quicksand. Guess what I was in all the way up to my hips? Thank god I had a buddy out with me. I finally worked my way out of this hole And got up on a couple of old rotten logs. It was soft all around the logs though. Couldn't get out. Called my buddy For some much needed help. When he showed up we finally got me out of that area but ended up in some more trying to get back to harder ground. Both shoes got stuck in it. Pulled both shoes and one sock off. Finally got them out but my feet were frozen. We finally got back to the truck and went home to get cleaned up and get back out there. Went back out and didn't see anything until we were driving out. A nice buck about 500 yards away. My dad called me when we went back out the second time and I told him about my morning. He laughed and said he has many shoes out there that he couldn't get back. Dad sure made me feel better. LOL Thanks dad.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: jim1966

Talk about a horrible weekend.
X2

Went out Friday to ahumid 76 degrees at 6:00 AM which went up to 83 by noon. On Saturday it got worse. The day started at about 78 and went up to 86. Two guys, out of the 62 at the WMA managed to shoot two small 6 pointers and I saw two does near sunset; but we weren't allowed toharvest does on our quotas. Anyhow, the temperature dropped drastically overnight and it was a cool 47 degrees Sunday morning; but it was also extremely windy. By 10:30 my son and I called it a day andheaded back to Miami.

I guess we'll have to try it again during the season.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 MORE DAYS UNTIL OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M PUMPED
Old 11-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim can you clarify something for me also please? Can we enter only one deer?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Jim can you clarify something for me also please? Can we enter only one deer?
Rule # 3. Revised.
3. Antlered deer, including doe's, if it's tagged with a tag it's in.
Does will count as 25 points.

One Doe will count toward your team.
The Doe will count 25 points.

The rules will be the same as the buck rule.

You, andthe Doe and the Gun, and the tag ( For the staes that require a tag ) in a picture.

1 Doe and 1 of 2 Bucks = 2 Deer total, = 1 Doe and 1 Buck ( Of Whichever Score Is The Highest ).
The Doe counts 25 points.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm going out again this weekend. Hopefully it will be better than last weekend. Anyone seeing or getting anything yet? Good luck.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Spike

Well, anything, anyone?????
Old 11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i saw 5 does and 5 bucks. 3 forks and a spike and a 8 pointer that would probably score 110. i passed up on all of them
Old 11-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys... just got back from New York's Finger Lakes Region... scored on my biggest buck ever... Scored 139 as a 7 point! Would have been low 140s if had other brow....

Quick Reply: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.