Community

Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

ok thanks jim. im heading out to the land tomorrow to check our gun stands and blinds and stuff toget ready. the season opens in 11 days!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Chris,

Welcome to theteam.

Paul
Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

welcome Chris...

Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Spike

Welcome to the team Chris....

Well, wish me luck. I'm headed to the Bull Creek WMA in Central Florida tonight for a weekend hunt. I hope to get something to contribute to the team, not to mention the table. I drove up there last weekend (3 hour ride) to checkout the place and didn't see any signs, except for hogs. Let's hope this weekend is better.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the team Chris. Best of luck.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

Hey and good luck Omarrh, I saw a couple of button buck and a 6 pt in the woods tonight, but I be back in the morning!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gun opens tomorrow here in Indiana. Calling for rain, snow flurries and 22 mpr winds. Gonna be a rough opener. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Can someone clarify rule #9 (i think) anyway, it's the rule about multiple bucks being entered. I scored in Virginia this morning on a six point, not sure what it will score, but I still have a VA buck tag and a PA buck tag and know that there are bigger bucks in the areas I hunt.

This morning started rainy with sustained winds and I only saw the buck I shot. My other pictures I emailed never got posted, if someones willing I'll email this buck to them for it to be posted. Probably won't be back on until Monday. Still not much rutting activity in my area of Virginia. This guy did take offense at the snort wheeze from the Primos buckroar and was looking for a fight. A few grunts got him to tear into asmall tree/shrub he was behind and the snort-wheeze made him posture and start stomping toward my stand. .270 wsm in the neck ended his little show.

Back to the original question, if I have to post this one for a score, let me know. If not I'll wait until all my hunting is finished.

thanks,

cory
Old 11-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

NY Rifle opened yesterday. I shot a small doe (yearling). Came in alone around 3:30. Shot her at 75 yards w/ 7mm mag. never took a step. You cannot take a whole deer over the NY/MA border and it was very warm, so I have to bone it out over there... so I never got a pic... sorry guys... can't get points for the team.. yet... but i'm sure i'll dump a couple more baldies...
I didn't think it was a skipper until I walked up on it. I was surprised it was all alone. After I shot, nothing else ran. Oh well, sure will be tasty.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

you guys are lucky that your seasons open early. mine opens next saturday. good luck guys

[/align]

Quick Reply: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.