HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   Team #18 - Silent Strike (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/261388-team-18-silent-strike.html)

Indiana SmokePole 09-04-2008 03:17 PM

Team #18 - Silent Strike

Team # 18

Heads or Tails, Mo - Jerry
dmounts - Washington, PA USA - Don
johnnybravoo77 – Michigan - John
SouthernStrut56 – ALABAMA - Blake
5. Riffer-Alberta
BuckeyeHunter140~ OHIO- Chad
Klecanc - KY/IL - Chris
Indiana Smokepole – Indiana - RON
9. ms6852 - West Texas
sk74ford- Indiana - Shane

As you all check in I will change your names to RED and please post your first names also this way every one will know your real name please.

Also you need to be thinking of a team name and picking a team Captin ( NOT ME )

tell us a little about your selves also :)

Indiana SmokePole 09-04-2008 03:51 PM

RE: Official Team 18 Thread

Hi every body , I go by Indiana SmokePole But my name is RON.
I live and hunt in Southern Indiana and by my Handle you can tell what I hunt with.
I love my Knight Muzzle Loaders . We have some very Nice Bucks in Indiana for sure I hunt Mostly Private Farms But I like to hunt some of the Public grounds also. I am a Avid Bowhunter also I am married with 4 kids ,
My wife - Erinalso hunts some with me , and I really enjoy that time with her.

My Biggest Buck to date I have not scored but I took him with my bow is a 11pt 21" wide and FD out at 223lbs
My wifes biggest is a 1.5yr old 3 pt. 10" wide and FD out at 179lbs.

Looking forwad to getting to know you all and hopefully help the team out.

Ron

klecanc 09-05-2008 06:56 AM

Hey everybody,My name is Chris.
I live in western, KY. and also hunt west central IL.
I'm married 22 yrs. w/ 2kids (18 yr old boy & 14 yr old girl)
I hunt bow and gun seasons in both states.
Bow season opens up down here tomorrow!!:)

SouthernStrut56 09-05-2008 09:46 AM

I'm Blake, I'm 23 years old in engineering school at Auburn. I live for spring turkey season, but I also love to get in the woods and get after whitetails. I bow and gun hunt private family land, two different 300 acre tracts. Bow season opens Oct 15, gun opens Nov 22nd. I have hada littlesuccess gun hunting the rut the past 2 seasons, taking a 128" 11 point two years ago and a 140" 13 point last season, so we have some good bucks runnin' around our places. I don't hunt with anybody else, except maybe a buddy or two every now and then, so I have the place all to myself, which is nice. I have g/f of over a year who can't stand my hunting obsessions,the woods is where I go to get away from her!

johnnybravoo77 09-05-2008 11:08 AM

Hello all! My name is John. I live on 11.5 acres so I get to hunt a little right behind the house. I also hunt about 2 hours away where my grandparents own 160 acres of woods and farmland. My wife and I have 5 children, so I relish all my time in the woods.

sk74ford 09-05-2008 12:07 PM

Hey fellas. My name is Shane. I hunt mostly in Southwest Indiana and am going to do some hunting in Kentucky this year as well. I am 23 years old. I mainly hunt on private property but occasionally hunt on public land.

Hey Indiana Smokepole where do you live at in Indiana? I live in Evansville.

klecanc 09-05-2008 01:39 PM

Hey Shane, I'm just down the road in Morganfield.

Indiana SmokePole 09-05-2008 07:18 PM

Welcome fellers Glad to hear from you .

Shane I live just south of Corydon, little place called Laconia ( Harrison Co. )
Just across the bridge from Brandenburg KY.

Ron

sk74ford 09-06-2008 10:52 PM

That's cool. We have three people within a few hours of each other. Yeah I know where Corydon is. I have heard of Laconia before.

Hey Chris, did you go bow hunting this weekend? I will be going to Kentucky some this year. I don't know the dates but i will be going a little bit down there. I also applied for the land between the lakes hunt, too. So hopefully I get picked.

Indiana SmokePole 09-07-2008 09:25 AM

Shane

We use to go down to LBL every year in April we would go down for the Turkey hunting & Crappie fishing and then the last week of Oct & first week of Nov. for Bowhunting , it was Me my DAD and about 8 more of our friends one of the guys that went with us actually his family's Farm was part of LBL until the state bought every thing out ! we camped in Vickers Bay & Suger Bay , I haven't been down there for years though. We killed some pritty nice bucks down there.
Good Luck and kill one for me :)

Ron

sk74ford 09-07-2008 07:28 PM

I will try. I believe I got picked for one of the hunts cause my buddy i signed up with said he got picked and i should be getting my papers in the mail soon. So hopefully it all goes well and I can bring home a good one.

Indiana SmokePole 09-10-2008 02:42 PM

Well guys I just sent Pm's to the MIAs lets see if they check inmost of them have just regarsterd on HN. :)

Heads or Tails 09-10-2008 06:47 PM

Hello every one, my name is Jerry

I am the owner of Tail Walker Lures and apro stafferfor Dr Ds Deer Scents

I hunt on our farm in the rolling hill of northeast Missouri

Nice to meet everyone

Indiana SmokePole 09-10-2008 06:58 PM

Welcome Jerry

dmounts 09-10-2008 08:14 PM

Hello all...names Don. Im 29 and I'm from Southwetern PA. I hunt both archery & rifle season.
I'm in both of the Huntingnet contests this year. Team 45 "Nameless Assassins" in the archery.
I just bought a house, so I'm going to be extremely busy right up until the season starts.
I will check in as much as possible....but believe me, I'm a team player.
Scored some horn for my bowhunting team last year....and this year I plan to do the same.
Hopefully you guys all wont be too upset if I do bag a buck during archery season.
In PA, we are only permitted to take 1 buck a year....and its hard to pass em up close and personal with the bow.
But either way, Gun or Bow, im a dedicated hunter. So if you dont hear from me, I'm either working or hunting.
I will be talking to all soon.......good luck to all of you this season.

Don

BUCKEYEhunter140 09-10-2008 08:31 PM

Hey guys names Chad i'm from eastern ohio all farm country around me so i got lots of bean fields near to hunt :) and alot of corn also i'll try to put up some pics from time to time.

Any name sugestions yet. Thunder Struck---- Breaking the silence ???

Indiana SmokePole 09-10-2008 08:40 PM

Welcome Don & Chad

Heads or Tails 09-12-2008 05:34 AM

Add yoursuggestions for Team name

Thunder Struck
Breaking the silence

Indiana SmokePole 09-12-2008 01:18 PM

Add yoursuggestions for Team name

Thunder Struck
Breaking the silence
Backstrap Boys
Brush Busters
Buck Snipers
HartBreakers
Ridge Stalkers
Rutting Rampage

Heads or Tails 09-14-2008 08:21 AM

Thunder Struck
Breaking the silence
Backstrap Boys
Brush Busters
Buck Snipers
HartBreakers
Ridge Stalkers
Rutting Rampage
Silent strike

Indiana SmokePole 09-15-2008 05:16 PM

Heads or Tails

I really like that name ( Silent Strike ) I vote for that also I vote you be our Captin :)

Ron

SouthernStrut56 09-15-2008 07:39 PM

Whatever yall pick is good with me.

johnnybravoo77 09-16-2008 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

Heads or Tails

I really like that name ( Silent Strike ) I vote for that also I vote you be our Captin :)

Ron
I second the nomination, name and captain!

sk74ford 09-16-2008 08:57 AM

yeah thats sounds good. I will third that vote.

klecanc 09-17-2008 06:27 AM

Works for me too!

Indiana SmokePole 09-17-2008 06:37 AM

Well sence H.O.T came up with the name I'm assumming that is 6 for it out of 10 so this is our OFFICIAL Name
Team SILENT STRIKE

Now if he will accept the captins Roll we are in bussiness, WELL Heads or Tails will you do us the honers Sir :)

Heads or Tails 09-17-2008 07:24 PM

I would be honored to lead Team Silent Strike

Indiana SmokePole 09-18-2008 06:09 AM

EL CAPTIN = H.O.T > Jerry

johnnybravoo77 09-24-2008 12:58 PM

Just to get everyone in the mood, a pic of the doe I shot Monday for Michigans early doe season.

Heads or Tails 09-24-2008 08:23 PM

Ive got my eye on this guy

sk74ford 09-24-2008 09:53 PM

Nice doe. Was that the entry hole? What slugs did you use and how far did she go?

johnnybravoo77 09-25-2008 07:12 AM

Thats actually the exit hole. Just used the cheap Winchester super x rifled slugs. She was about 35 yds when I shot her, and she ran about 75 yds. My shot was a tad high, hit the lungs, and the top of the heart. Hardest part was finding blood; because the shot was high, her whole chest had to fill before I found second blood.

Indiana SmokePole 09-26-2008 02:49 PM

Good doe for sure

Congrats

Ron

klecanc 10-17-2008 02:37 PM

KY. Muzzleloader opens tommorrow fella's!! I hope their moving.:)

johnnybravoo77 10-22-2008 07:33 AM

Good luck Chris!

bristowboy_20 11-07-2008 06:49 PM

Hey could you guys tell jrbsr how many alternates you need if you need any? Theres a lot of people waiting to get on teams =]

D Rock 11-08-2008 11:18 AM

Hey guys I just got added to the team. My name is Derek, age 22. I will be hunting Indiana's shotgun season and muzzleloader season. I hope I can be of some service to you. I went scouting last week and there has been a ton of activity even with the warm temps here. Things have cooled off now so hopefully they are amped up for next weekends opener.

I will be hunting on my parents property in Monroe county Indiana, 45 acres of woods that overlooks a creek and river bottom with tons of beans and corn. For only having 45 acres we have one heck of a location. We have been working on some small food plots the past few years to help bring them in early before they go the fields to go feed. Hopefully things work out. We have been hearing rumors of some pretty big bucks in the area. Lets just hope they come out durring shooting hours. My area has produced some good ones over the years. The one in my avatar was my first buck ever. I took him in '06, he is an 11pt 153" monster. Lets hope I can top that this year. LOL

I just didn't think to join in on the contest early on this year. I was glad to hear they needed alternates.

1shotkill1993 11-08-2008 06:32 PM

hey guys, just got added, been trying to get on a team since the day after it closed

Anyways, My name is Trevor Chattin, from Roanoke Virginia. I will be hunting Early Bow( already done), Early Muzzleloader (almost done), Rifle season, and maybe the late seasons. The action here is really picking up. The rut kicked in about 5 days ago. The cold front coming in should kick it into full rut.

I've already killed two deer. I only have pics of one of them but I was wondering if i can still use the one i have pics of towards the team.

Hunted all day today. Morning hunt = Nothing. Afternoon hunt = Saw turkeys and 3 does. Did not shoot at the does. It was late and I didnt feel like gutting them[&:].

Good luck to you all:D

1shotkill1993 11-08-2008 08:06 PM

i was told i could use deer i already killed so here we go

not much, but whatever helps?

Number of Points:

Greatest Spread:

4 1/2 inches

Total Deductions:

4 inches

Final Score:

1shotkill1993 11-08-2008 08:10 PM

theres my rifle, if the tag is really needed, i will take a picture of it tommorrow.