HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 HNI 5-Spot League (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-hni-5-spot-league-88/)
-   -   Official HNI Vegas Discussion/Smack Talk Thread - (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-hni-5-spot-league/184407-official-hni-vegas-discussion-smack-talk-thread.html)

Rick James 03-13-2007 08:41 AM

Official HNI Vegas Discussion/Smack Talk Thread -

I hope you guys are ready for this thing.......3 spot is my game.

Any of you guys shoot 3 spot before? What do you guys score normally?

I have been working through a lot of bad habits lately, however when my game was on point and polished I was shooting 450 (45 arrow) vegas games last early fall in the mid to high 440's with a high game of 448 - 32X. Below is one of my 15 yard training targets.........

buckeye 03-13-2007 08:44 AM

RE: Official HNI Vegas Discussion/Smack Talk Thread -

I have never shot a 3 spot league but have shot the target faces a few times.

Paper is paper........ :D

GR8atta2d 03-13-2007 09:30 AM

I shoot 600 round vegas league weekly..carry a 552 average With a Hunter Class set-up.

Rick James 03-13-2007 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I shoot 600 round vegas league weekly..carry a 552 average With a Hunter Class set-up.
That is some outstanding shooting. How do you guys score this? Scoring 10, 9, 8, 7, 6?

GR8atta2d 03-13-2007 09:37 AM

Yeah the x countis strictly tie-breaker.

RDHunter 03-13-2007 09:49 AM

I shot at those targets before but it wasn't for any league , just tuning and practice.
Are those the kind of target we are going to be using for the vegas league ?

Rick James 03-13-2007 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

I shot at those targets before but it wasn't for any league , just tuning and practice.
Are those the kind of target we are going to be using for the vegas league ?
Yep, this is what you use for 3 spot vegas......

The 10 ring is just a bit smaller than a X ring on the 5 spot face, and the 9 ring is just a bit smaller than the 5 ring on a 5 spot face.

KodiakArcher 03-13-2007 10:42 AM

This darn Vegas league has already cost me $20! I switched the sight/scope from my spot bow to my 3D rig and forgot to reset the windage! I blew an A/C/C Hyperspeed right past my target at 320 fps and into a frozen dirt embankment with the first shot of the seaon out of that bow.[:@]:( The last five shots I took for the evening were all baby x's though... And the 4/1 start date only gives me more time to work through my release issues.

Rick James 03-13-2007 10:54 AM

I hope 4/1 works for you guys. I did this because this would give everyone time to come up with vegas targets.

I also intended to shoot this league with my hunter class 3D setup, but don't know if my setup will be here in time........still waiting on a bow, arrows, and a sight.

KodiakArcher 03-13-2007 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James
I hope 4/1 works for you guys. I did this because this would give everyone time to come up with vegas targets.
I'll have to drop the last week in order to go black bear hunting on Prince of Whales Island and I won't be able to shoot on weekends because of brown bear season (real bummer, I know...) but that's why I suggested the drop. It'll work.

Hey just a thought; How about a division between hunting and target gear? Not a full blown competition breakdown by class but maybe something as simple as scopes vs. fixed pins?