2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

I will have you know

Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Default RE: I will have you know

Yesit would.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:07 PM

HMMM, got any pictures of a Ross Comp bow?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:43 PM

I will try to get a pic of it when I go by the shop tomorrow. One of our other shooters shot it for a couple rounds and he really liked it but now he is switching to a Martin. I will work on the pic. There may be a pic of it on the Ross website.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:44 PM

I just checked and there is a pic of it on the Ross website.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Hey, spend it all, they'll print more!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL:
I would say Martin, but after switching to Bowtech, Martin's grips are like trying to hold onto a 2x4.
What grips have you personally seen on a Martin? Their sideplate options are pretty good, the thermal elite (Leather/wood) grip is the best hunting bow grip I have seen yet, and the integrated grip on the scepter 4 is quite simply one of the best target bow grips I have ever seen and is in a class that only the Apex bows and Bowtech Shrewd Competition grips rival IMHO. If you have only seen the Bengal and Pantera most dealers order them with bottom of the barrel thermal or thermal II grip options because they are targeted for price minded customers but any bow except for the S4 can come with the sideplate option, pro wood grip, or thermal elite grip options which are all as good as anyones factory grips. These are really cheap upgrades too.

I would also seriously look at a shoot thru system if it is to be a target specific rig I absolutely love mine and how easily they tune.......everything is in line and no cam lean, cable guard torque, etc. They really have the best limb pockets I have seen as well and there is no cam system out there with more adjustability/options than the new furious or nitrous cam.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL:
I would say Martin, but after switching to Bowtech, Martin's grips are like trying to hold onto a 2x4.
What grips have you personally seen on a Martin? Their sideplate options are pretty good, the thermal elite (Leather/wood) grip is the best hunting bow grip I have seen yet, and the integrated grip on the scepter 4 is quite simply one of the best target bow grips I have ever seen and is in a class that only the Apex bows and Bowtech Shrewd Competition grips rival IMHO. If you have only seen the Bengal and Pantera most dealers order them with bottom of the barrel thermal or thermal II grip options because they are targeted for price minded customers but any bow except for the S4 can come with the sideplate option, pro wood grip, or thermal elite grip options which are all as good as anyones factory grips. These are really cheap upgrades too.

I would also seriously look at a shoot thru system if it is to be a target specific rig I absolutely love mine and how easily they tune.......everything is in line and no cam lean, cable guard torque, etc. They really have the best limb pockets I have seen as well and there is no cam system out there with more adjustability/options than the new furious or nitrous cam.
You don't happen to shoot for Martin, do ya?

Atleast you know about your product base, I am sure some staff shooters unfortunately don't have the product knowledge like others do.