2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Standings after week 1..

Old 01-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Standings after week 1..

Hey....if nothign else....I'm getting stronger....lol. I never dreamed I could be so tired just shooting 60 times with my bow.

The way I see this thing.....after only one week.....is....it's gonna come down to a tie. I think we're gonna have a few people AVERAGE 300 (w/ hcps). It'll come down to the more experienced archers, though.....due to the x count (the great equalizer as far as hcps go).

Am I close????
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

To me the guys roughing it outdoors are the real winners in this league.
Yeah, it does make me feel like less of a man for shooting indoors in my t-shirt and jeans.

ButI will tell you one thing. . .

The target bow hasn't helped yet. Justcheck out my Trykon "Scratch" scores and my ProElite "Week 1" score. I even had a clean miss with the ProElite. YIKES!

So in the end, I just want to get those scores up with the target bow and keep on shooting.

I guess sandbagging was the way to go. [8D] Just kiddin'.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey....if nothign else....I'm getting stronger....lol. I never dreamed I could be so tired just shooting 60 times with my bow.

The way I see this thing.....after only one week.....is....it's gonna come down to a tie. I think we're gonna have a few people AVERAGE 300 (w/ hcps). It'll come down to the more experienced archers, though.....due to the x count (the great equalizer as far as hcps go).

Am I close????
Yep, you will find X count is really the only thing that will matter in this league with everyone shooting 300's.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM

You are right. The X count is going to be a big factor at the end. How long have you been shooting 5 Spot or is this your first try? The more experience that you get the better you are going to do. You will see a huge difference in alot of peoples scores later in the league. Most leagues that shoot for money like the one I shoot in don't allow the people who have handicaps to shoot over a 299 when their handicap is added. Some others adjust the handicap every week to compensate for everyones improvement. With this league we are not doing either so what you are starting to see is going to happen which is what you want to see. Improvement.

I played golf for years as well before I switched to archery. Your handicap here is much different that your handicap or index for golf. One thing is if you are shooting an indoor spot league, nothing ever changes except for maybe the lighting but the distance is the same, the target is the same. In golf, each course has a different rating and slope. So you may shoot all of your rounds on a hard or difficult course and compared to someone else it is hard to judge. In archery it is all about repetition and accuracy. You will be shooting with the rest of us before you know it.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Well......As far as competing, though.....that's out of the question, it would seem. I really feel like there's going to be those who AVERAGE 300 scores.....(utilizing hcp).

Yes. This is my first attempt at this. I had NO IDEA of what to expect. The no. of 300 scores just REALLY surprised me (I think me and a couple more were the only ones who DIDN'T....lol).

Just surprised.

I shoot 3D with my friends in a pseudo-league also a couple times a week. I'm firing between 180-250 arrows a week, most times. I honestly shoot this 5 spot thing as fast as it takes to shoot 5.....walk and get 'em.....repeat.

I guess the way"I" need to look at is like I approached golf. I'm not playing you guys.....I'm playing a "no."......300.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

To me the guys roughing it outdoors are the real winners in this league.
Wow buckeye, I think that is the nicest thing you have ever said about me!!

I did not join this league with any intention of beating anybody...escpecially they guys that shoot or have shot in a 5 spot league. I have never done this before, and it sounded like a fun way to keep/get into shape. I shot about 10% last summer as I did the summer before, so I knew I wouldn't be dead on. And this year the local 3-d closed up shop, so I have to find some way of shooting.I know I won't place in the top, escpecially after seeing some of the scores coming in early on.

But I do hope when it is all said and done that I will recieve a prize for the most improved!!

Hope I can get myself primed and in shape for the vegas leage...which I also know completly nothing about as well!!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you can consciously think about it and squeeze your release between heart beats you'll find you are more accurate. You have to really concentrate and almost be obsessed with thisthought, througheach and every shot!I encourageeverybody try it on your next league score.

You can thank me later!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow buckeye, I think that is the nicest thing you have ever said about me!!
I take it back [:@][:@][:@]Watching the bears game yesterday..... Didn't look like ideal 5 spot weather to be shooting in!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Dude....how in the WORLD do you feel your heart beating??????

You are kidding, right????
Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

If you can consciously think about it and squeeze your release between heart beats you'll find you are more accurate. You have to really concentrate and almost be obsessed with thisthought, througheach and every shot!I encourageeverybody try it on your next league score.

You can thank me later!
Or get really good at using a back tension release.

Quick Reply: Standings after week 1..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.