Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Drop Lowest Scores??

Old 01-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Drop Lowest Scores??

If it means that much to you to shoot multiple scorecards each week to get to your best score.....then have at it.

Personally.....I think it ought to be like the buck contest.....and be your FIRST score shot. Are we loooking for a true representation of our capabilities.....or are we trying to see who can piss the highest on the wall.

Again, personally.....if it's gonna get like it seems like it might........you might want to let me know, now. I'll bow out.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I was asking if we were going to drop lowest scores, (thread topic)

Cause I will only shoot once and take that as my score...
Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Yep, but I don't think we're gonna have a problem. We're all a bunch of honest folk anyway, I'm not too concerned...But I'll be watching... You hear that Danny boy???
Whos Danny????
Old 01-15-2007, 07:26 AM

I believe that everyone should do what represents themeselves the best. If you want to shoot 5 scores and post your best, so be it. During the course of this contest you are ultimately competing with your own self more to see how much you improve more than you are against other individuals. The competing against each other is more for fun than anything for me(especially with the talking s,mack). I am not going to judge anybody different that shoots multiple times compared to those that shoot once a week. I myself usually shoot several days a week but I will be using my weekend league score to post for this contest whether it be the highest or lowest I shot that week.

Just remember guys that this contest is more for fun than anything and if you wan't something more then try to find a competetive league in your area.

Have fun and shoot well.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Cool, WV.....so it's OK for someone to get 3/4 through........have a bad round.....and just consider that one a "practice" run?

I guess I had something else in mind. It just reminds me of a guy triple-bogeying hole no. 12 and saying he's gonna start over.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 AM

I completely understand what you are saying and in no way am I trying to start a debate. This is certainly a legitimate topic that has come up.

I know what I am going to do as well you know what you want to do, we will shoot one score and post it. I am not going to speak for what everyone else is going to do but if they choose to shoot several rounds,I am going to reserve judgement and just shoot my rounds because I plan on still beating those guys anyway.

Once again I agree with you but at the same time this is a contest based on fun & honestyand is a chance for everybody to have an excuse to shoot beyond hunting.

Good luckto everyone and keep shooting.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Cool, WV.....so it's OK for someone to get 3/4 through........have a bad round.....and just consider that one a "practice" run?

I guess I had something else in mind. It just reminds me of a guy triple-bogeying hole no. 12 and saying he's gonna start over.
It is the same thing as not taking that penalty stroke in golf Jeff. You know the routine, rules, etc, others may not. When their is no official watching, some may cheat.

We are going to have difficulty with guys scoring each individual arrow, not justbeing honest and submitting theirfirst score. And when it comes down to leagues, sometimes it is only a few arrows that separate the big winner from the losers.

Some might say that arrow cut a line, others might say it isn't even touching.

Just take it for what it is worth. Scores are scores, they mean little in this game we call life.

I'm doing this to see if "I" can get better. I love shooting my bow, turning in an "honest" score, and seeing how I rank among others.

But ultimately, until an official is watching each and every arrow we fire, this is just a fun league to get guys shooting year round.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

That would be fine.....and that's a fine explanation, Bols.

I just hate to hear guys talking smack when they're the ones you just described.....lol.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree that it should be the first one shot that week. Period.
Personally I already shoot a Vegas League (PSAA)on Tues Nite..It's gonna be all I can do to shoot 1 5-spot a week and still practice Vegas (which is much harder, IMHO).

Old 01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am all about turning in your first score. And none of that finish half a game, drop points and start over crap either..........[8D].

This is supposed to be fun guys, lets keep it that way.

Quick Reply: Drop Lowest Scores??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.