HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 HNI 5-Spot League (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-hni-5-spot-league-88/)
-   -   Targets are in... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-hni-5-spot-league/173941-targets.html)

IL_BOW_MAN 01-06-2007 10:08 PM

Targets are in...

and it is 11:00 P.M. and I am half way through my first scratch round.

I can honestly say, my arm is tired and I still have 30 shots to go, my wife...as well as the neighbors think that I am crazy. Driveway is all lit up with the target in my garage. I personally think I am also crazy, but I have to get it in while I can. As of right now, I have not had a zero...not too bad, better than I expected anyway!

I will be back within an hour to post my score...

IL_BOW_MAN 01-06-2007 11:00 PM

RE: Targets are in...

Well, the second half wasn't quite so good. Started getting tired really quickly and found myself struggleing to keep my arm steady with my shoulder really going down hill in a hurry. Missed 4 targets in the last 4 rounds. That is really disappointing in itself. But if I keep shooting, I should strengthen it back up.

Attached is a screen shot of my scoring sheet. If anybody has excel and want a copy, let me know. I am going to try and get it to graph my performance with a trend and see what happens as the weeks go on. Laptops are great, I don't have to write down any scores. I just punch it in as I go.

Bols 01-07-2007 12:12 AM

Clever way of keeping track of your score and progress throughout the league.

Thumbs up.

You might get HNI's 5-Spot Computer Nerd award though...;)

mobow 01-07-2007 12:16 AM

Dude, I'm just glad you got them in and are shooting. You really will be amazed at how much you improve.

Your shoulder getting tired is because you are trying to hold it up w/ your muscles.....It is collapsed, if you will. Drop that shoulder down and lock it in, creating a bone on bone platform. You will hold steadier and not tire as quickly. It takes a bit of practice but is much more comfortable.

bloodcrick 01-07-2007 01:00 PM

That is funny,:D i can get that vision of the lit up target range that late at night, your neighbors gotta be talkin. Why let time get in the way when your havin fun, neet scoring system.
Dan

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

and it is 11:00 P.M. and I am half way through my first scratch round.

I can honestly say, my arm is tired and I still have 30 shots to go, my wife...as well as the neighbors think that I am crazy. Driveway is all lit up with the target in my garage. I personally think I am also crazy, but I have to get it in while I can. As of right now, I have not had a zero...not too bad, better than I expected anyway!

I will be back within an hour to post my score...

IL_BOW_MAN 01-08-2007 09:45 AM

Call me a wimp if you want, but here it is Monday morning and my shoulder still is killing. Hopefully it will start feeling better so I can get the next round in. I couldn't hardly sleep last night, no matter how I laid it was throbbing.

Your shoulder getting tired is because you are trying to hold it up w/ your muscles.....It is collapsed, if you will. Drop that shoulder down and lock it in, creating a bone on bone platform. You will hold steadier and not tire as quickly. It takes a bit of practice but is much more comfortable.
Naw, my shoulder is getting tired because I tried ripping my arm off a while back by laying under my ATV. But I am not really sure what you are saying there. I don't quite get what you are saying.

mobow 01-08-2007 03:18 PM

LOL....well, I guess the atv would do it....be careful dude....[8D]