Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 HNI 5-Spot League
 Starting my excuses already!! >

Starting my excuses already!!

Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Starting my excuses already!!

Old 12-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Starting my excuses already!!

Well I was just about to drop out, but decided to stay in. Last weekend I got in a little upside down manevour on my 4 wheeler, or for better words...4 wheeler on me. Well, it feels as though I might have slightly dislocated my shoulder....yet once again, nothing new for me.

But I decided I will stay in and tough it out. Getting the first 2 handicapped rounds in will be painfull to say the least, but I will muster through it. In the long run, it will only make my scores better I guess.

But with that being said, if the rule makers deem my handicap far too high about a month in when my shoulder is feeling better, feel free to reduce it. I won't guarentee that it will, but to hold my bow up for 60 shots today would be ugly. At this point I am already going to wait until about a week before the deadline to shoot the 2 scoring rounds.

Is there a time frame that all 60 arrows need to be shot in? I mean is it against the rules to take a few minute break between rounds? I would think if you were shooting in leagues that you would have more than a few minute break here and there. Let me know.

OK, so no I am ready for buckeye to start hacking on me now!! But don't worry, I will be ready for the get together to whoop your butt!!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:56 PM

Default RE: Starting my excuses already!!

Just don't get yerself hurt worse than you already are.....Shoulder injuries are hard to come back from....

No, there is no time limit, I don't think......Maybe Rick will chime in....maybe we should set like a 2 hour limit on it, though it would be next to impossible to enforce....Actually, it WOULD be impossible to enforce...
Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I had my bow arm operated on in '99 for a rotator cuff injury. 4 scars and 7 years later....it's no excuse. It's better than the right arm.

Now THAT's the issue....lol.

I'm gonna maybe shoot my first scratch score, today. This might get ugly!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aint that amazing, i had the same surgery to my right shoulder in April 2005(missed turkey season) four small insisions and a 2"er and now it is better than my left one. Good surgeons i guess.
Dan
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I had my bow arm operated on in '99 for a rotator cuff injury. 4 scars and 7 years later....it's no excuse. It's better than the right arm.

Now THAT's the issue....lol.

I'm gonna maybe shoot my first scratch score, today. This might get ugly!!!