Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 HNI 5-Spot League
 Official Rules of the 2007 HNI 5 Spot League!! >

Official Rules of the 2007 HNI 5 Spot League!!

Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Official Rules of the 2007 HNI 5 Spot League!!

Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Rules of the 2007 HNI 5 Spot League!!

1. Standard NFAA 5 spot scoring: 5 points for white, 4 points for blue, and zero for outside the blue. X count applies to tie breakers, w/ a perfect game being 300 w/ 60x. All scores turned in must include score as well as X count. A full game consists of 60 arrows total. These are shot in a format of 12 seperate ends of 5 arrows. Each end consists of a single arrow shot at each of the 5 spots on the target, 5 arrows total. If an arrow is touching a scoring line, it will recieve the higher score.

2. Sign up deadline is Dec. 31. The official league start will be Jan. 15. All participants MUST turn in 2 scores prior to Jan. 13 to determine an average "scratch" score for the handicap system. If you don't have 2 scores turned in prior to Jan. 13, you will be dropped from the competition. All "scratch" scores and official league scores must be turned in for all to see on the official score card thread and these can be submitted as soon as we have that thread posted. Nothing else on that thread please except scores.

3. Rounds can be shot any day of the week, but scores MUST be posted on the Official Scores thread NO LATER than Friday @ 9:00pm. If you post a score at 9:01 pm, your score will OFFICIALLY be zero. All scores posted must include points scores and X count.

4. As mentioned in #2, we will be utilizing 80% handicap. This makes the competition much more even across the board among skill levels and equipment available. To win you simply need to get better and that is much easier for someone new than for someone that is fairly seasoned. Please see below for handicap structure.

5. Photos of the target are not required with your score, but we reserve the right to request said photo. Failure to comply will result in a ZERO score.

6. If you truly do not have the financial means available, or the ability to order targets for this competition please feel free to contact Rick James. He will ensure you have targets to use. We don't want anyone to not participate because they don't have targets or the ability to order them. Do this ASAP so that we can ensure time to get these to you before things start. For everyone else, targets can be purchased from www.lancasterarchery.com for .25 cents each. You will need 10 targets total, however get a few more to practice and so you have spares. $10 + shipping will get you plenty.

7. WHERE you shoot your round doesn't matter, but official NFAA blue and white 5 spot targets MUST be used. If you are NOT shooting at an indoor range facility, you must be shooting from a MEASURED 20 yard distance. This will be done with the use of either a tape measure or laser rangefinder.

8. Handicap system works as follows:

First 2 weeks will be used to turn in scores that will be averaged together to come up with an average for handicap purposes. DON'T SANDBAG!! This average of the first 2 scores will be your "scratch" score.

Example of how handicap works:

Shooters scratch score = 281
300 - 281 = 19 points
80% X 19 = 15.2 (round off to 15)
281 scratch score + 15 = 296

This shooters score after figuring this 80% handicap is 296.

We always round off the decimal places. If it is .5 or higher it goes to the next higher number. If .4 or lower, round off to the next lower number.

After league is finished, any ties will be broke using total X count figure with no handicap applied for the entire 8 week league.

9. Most importantly everyone must have fun. This contest is for fun, friendly trash talking, bragging rights, and good times with our fellow HNI members. Lets be honest with each other on all scores and keep it fun. This is the most important part of this contest.

Thanks!!!

~Matt
Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Official Rules of the 2007 HNI 5 Spot League!!

Matt, I can't tell how much I appreciate your effort in this as well. I approve those rules, and let the games begin!!!

Folks, let me reiterate something he said....There is NOTHING on the line here at all. NOTHING. There is nothing to be gained from lying....NOTHING but hurting yourself.

Now, get out there, shoot and HAVE FUN!!! I would LOVE to see each and every one of us shooting higher scores in 3 months than we are now. If it goes like I think it will, we're gonna do it again next year.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, if I don't participate in this, you can call upon me for discrepancies and or assistance within the forum.

3. Rounds can be shot any day of the week, but scores MUST be posted on the Official Scores thread NO LATER than Friday @ 9:00pm. If you post a score at 9:01 pm, your score will OFFICIALLY be zero. All scores posted must include points scores and X count.
You might want to consider internet connections and computer issues, crashes and outages on this one.

I'm just sayin....
Old 12-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Hey, if I don't participate in this, you can call upon me for discrepancies and or assistance within the forum.

You might want to consider internet connections and computer issues, crashes and outages on this one.

I'm just sayin....
I think we are open to discussion on this, however I don't want this to be a problem. We will use better judgement on this stuff.

Any way you can use your special mod powers to sticky this one Rob?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 PM

Lookin' good guys. Thumbs up. Can't wait to start!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Teams or all individual?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Individual for now guys. I would love to do teams, but there are always going to be a high number of no shows on an event like this and unfortunately that will leave the other team members high and dry. I also don't think we have enough experienced guys at this to pair up evenly with the guys that are newer so it would be difficult to evenly pair people up.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Rick
I printed a copy of the rules and ordered those targets ( thanks for the link ) , can't wait to get started.
I'll be shooting from my backyard I already have it ranged off and I'll be checking in quite offten.
Let me know if were going to be on teams or if it's a one on one thing and I'll post my rough score when my targets get sent to me so you guys can figure my average and handicap.
Keep in touch and I'll do the same , let the games begin.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:34 PM

I'm just sayin....
And time zone differences...
Old 12-22-2006, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I'm just sayin....
And time zone differences...
True enough. We're gonna have to edit the rules to state a certain time zone....I don't care which.

Quick Reply: Official Rules of the 2007 HNI 5 Spot League!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.