HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/204964-49-official-team-head-hunters-thread.html)

ihelge 09-12-2007 07:07 AM

RE: 49-Official Team 49 Thread.

Killer,

No doubt about letting her lay. It is supposed to be around 40 saturday mornign so I am hoping she comes by and he follows her. I have a big doe on camera with the 9 point that I posted a picture of earlier about 5 minutes behind her. That would be about right to take both. I just wish i had someone to film this weekend.

Dale

crazyguy117 09-12-2007 07:08 AM

Killer Primate, our whole problem here in Wisconsin is that half the state is earn a buck.Meaning, you have to shoot a doe to earn your buck sticker. So if a 160" buck comes pastyou at first light and you dont have a earn a buck sticker, you cant legally shoot it. I am lucky enough to have a few spots that are not in earn a buck untils.

Killer_Primate 09-12-2007 07:27 AM

Yeah I see what you mean. I guess if you shot her in the morning and had a buck tag that evening it could work out. I’d definitely take her balder and glands and be using them the very next hunt.
I know you guys sometimes have to pass on good shooters to follow the earn a buck rule, but on the other hand you could be in VA with me and wish you had that law! VA has some good laws and others that suck.
Bag limit two a day entire season.
Either sex during the entire bow season.
These work in my favor for sure, but then comes general fire arms season…
One either sex day in November and one in December. Then usually the last six days is either sex.
The doe are out of control and the spikes and fork horns are hunted like they’re monsters. Getting a good buck in my area takes some work, but I’ve got a few I’ve found hiding. I just need to get them before they’re driven off by humans or hot does…

Good luck this weekend guys, and most of all, have fun! That’s what it’s all about.

ihelge 09-12-2007 10:25 AM

The earn a buck wouldn't bother me as much if they would have told us last year so i could have shot a doe and had my tag carry over. You can shoot a doe and a buck the same day as they will give you the buck sticker when you register it. I am just hoping to get some on film this year. Even a doe kill on film will be kind of fun.

crazyguy117 09-12-2007 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: ihelge

I am just hoping to get some on film this year. Even a doe kill on film will be kind of fun.
That would be awesome. Last year my girlfriend got into bowhunting. I sat with her on her first few hunts. On the theird hunt she shot her first deer (a small 8pt). I wish i would have taped that hunt. You wouldnt believe how excited she was.

On a side note: Its tough taping someone else when you still have a buck tag burning a hole in your pocket. I have to give credit to the guys who are behind the camera.

ero112 09-12-2007 06:42 PM

So we are officially The Head Hunters?We have to keep in touch here so everyone knows what is gonna happen with Tshirts etc..Good luck hunting everyone and be safe.I still have 17 days.

mblb679 09-13-2007 02:29 AM

Are we gonna get some tshirts made? We should have our screen names put on them somehow too. That would be sweet. Cant wait till October to get in the field. Soon my friends. I will be there. I can feel it now.

Killer_Primate 09-13-2007 08:30 AM

Go team Headhunters! Here are two from my first bow hunting season. Last year I passed on a few this size. This year I've got a couple of gems I'm going after...

ihelge 09-13-2007 09:05 AM

Killer,

I hear you. I am really debating whether I want to shoot a 9 pointer that I keep getting pictures of. I know there are some biggers ones around.
I guess I don't have to worry until I shoot a doe though.

Dale

ihelge 09-13-2007 09:06 AM

Here is another picture of him.