Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread >

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Default RE: 45-Official Team 45 Thread

Great Antelope Howler!!!!

I am heading out again this weekend, went dove hunting this past weekend and had a blast. The place we are going hasn't been scouted by us so hopefully we are lucky.

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Hey guys! Just checkin in. I almost had a doe this past weekend. I had a spike pushing 4-5 does towards me but they stopped about 50-60 yards from my stand and busted me when someone came walking by at about 200yds from me. Owell will try again this coming weekend for a doe...and hopefully get a nice buck come rut.
How are you guys holding up?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Im getting very discouraged with the current weather and the situation. I've never seen it this bad even in warm weather. The deer just arent moving, however we should be having a cold front coming through Thursday buuuuut I am attending an Alabama football game which begins at 11:35 and I dont know what time we will be leaving but I imagine by at least 8:00 since its in oxford so Saturday is completely shot. I like football, buuuuut I would rather be huntin.[&o]
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, we have a cold front moving in as well after setting a record high today. Supposed to drop a good 15-20 degrees so I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM

Well the cold front hit yesterday evening and the deer are moving like crazy. I wish I was in the stand this morning instead of in this stupid office.[&o]Oh well I guess I will have to wait until sunday......dang it.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

Well the cold front hit yesterday evening and the deer are moving like crazy. I wish I was in the stand this morning instead of in this stupid office.[&o]Oh well I guess I will have to wait until sunday......dang it.
I agree! The weather here finally broke yesterday as a front moved through. I'm really looking forward to getting out either Friday or Saturday.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll get out Friday, but it'll be a bit warm here as well. We've got another cool front coming this weekend, BUT I'm on call at work and won't be able to go any where Sat. or Sun.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I know what you mean Howler. I deal with an on-call rotation as well. Thankfully I finished mine up this past Monday so I don't get it again until Thanksgiving. Looks like it will be in the upper 30's when I get to my stand on Saturday morning. I'm sure that will have the deer moving!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 AM

It will be in the high 50's when I get in my stand on Saturday morning so the deer should be moving here too.

I am heading to bass pro tonight to pick up a new treestand. I am looking at the Summit Viper Ultimate...looks very comfy. Anyone here have a Summit? If so, what do you think of it? I will be my first Summit.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my Summit Viper for several years now and I really like it. It does take a little practice to get good at going up and down trees with it though.

I only saw baldy heads all morning. About 30+ of them. Not a set of antlers to be seen. I'm not too worried though. My season goes on and off clear into Dec. out here, and once the snow flies, it'll help alot. Our rut doesn't kick in until late Nov., so at this point all the big bucks are still hanging together in solitude somewhere. I just gotta figure out where now!

I also took time to go shoot my new toy while I was out. Even took time to do a stand calling coyotes, and got one. Also had my little 17 hmr and found some prairie dogs that needed thinned. Nota bad day at all.

Quick Reply: 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.