Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread >

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:42 PM

Default RE: 45-Official Team 45 Thread

Hey guys been out of town the last few days. My season starts this coming sat. and I cant wait hope i have some early luck. They are going to build a cabelas 3 miles from my house looking foward to it but dreading it at the same time (with all the traffic). They say opening fall 2008 but i dont think they will make that.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 AM

LOL no hunting here yet....today though I plan to get the garden all weeded and ready for next planting season. Hopefully will get it tilled in the next few weeks and plant some buckwheat here soon. Looking forward to the season sooo much! Just 26 days left till PA bow season here. Just picked up a hang on stand and cant wait to get that hung. It's going to be a great season guys!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see you guys checking in. I was hoping we hadn't lostyou.

SamPA, do you live near any of the WMU's with the special antlerless season? Here in WMU 2B we have an early antlerless starting on 9/15. I just hope the weather cooperates. I don't want to be out there in 90+ degree weather.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 AM

Hey guys, sorry was out of town this weekend. I had a buddy go up to his property in KY and get a big 9 point opening day.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 AM

No Jeramy I'm in WMU 4D. I dont think we have any special doe season here. But I have plenty of does to harvest in my hunting spot this year! Hopefully will get a good buck to go with it.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in from the weekend guys--been busy.Went to the archery shop saturday morn to do some shooting,then came home to do some painting and head to the hardware store to get some hardwood floor for the basement.
Sunday I met some of my buds and we headed up North(lol) to do some 4 wheeling.Man it was dusty,no rain and we couldent find mud when we tried but all in all there were 9 bikes,alot of trails and a good day.
Worked today,12 hour shifts tomorrow,off wednesday and thursday and back in on the weekend[:-]
Good luck to all you guys hunting,I am counting down the days till the 1st
Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a fun weekend Jason. I've been relaxing on my 3 days off. Spent an hour mowing the lawn and a couple hours working on my Camaro restoration yesterday. Got all of my camo and gear cleaned today. Everything got a good wash and a spray down with Scent-Away. My climber, backpacks, gloves, ASAT, etc. are now all hanging outside under our pine trees drying out. Tomorrow after work I'll pack it all up and get ready for the 15th.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:59 AM

Well guys I didnt get any pictures of the other two spots but I did get the cameras put up and I got too food plots cut and seeded. Actually I got 3 cut and two seeded. I threw about 40 lbs of wheat, 10 lbs of Imperial clover, 10 lbs of Secret spot, and 10 lbs of green patch plus on the food plot pictured. Maybe the stinkin' turkeys wont eat all that seed this year. If they do its going to be open season on all turkeys. I couldnt keep seed on the ground last year. I have one of the cameras out over a corn pile and my super secret spot so maybe I can have me some deer pics after this week. Oh yeah if anybody needs to buy some cameras get on Ebay and look up Moultrie cameras they are selling for around 60 or 70 dollars as well as the bushnell 3.1's. See you guys later. Whoever is already hunting I envy you.[:@] Good luck.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:00 AM

I thought I'd tell yall that Blue Tongue is absolutely ravaging the deer around where I hunt. Six where found dead around a creek probably 5 miles from where I hunt and we found 2 more dead on the property also in a creek. and I was driving the fourwheeler around and smelled something dead off in a ravine so I betting its another one. I believe they found 40 on the local WMA also that were dead on account of Blue Tongue. Its transmitted by gnats and no-see-ums and it mostly affects young bucks but what we found were a doe and a fawn so far. I'll keep ya updated.

SteveO Out
Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about you guys but I'm sure looking forward to the cooler weather. I do not like temps in the 80's with humidity. Can't wait for the 60-70 degree days. Hard to believe the summer has gone by so fast. Before you know it the leaves will be changing and the arrows will be flying!

Quick Reply: 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.