HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/202681-44-official-team-nimrods-thread.html)

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-17-2007 02:35 PM

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Welcome Team 44, picked from within the alternate list. :D All members PM'd and Emailed.

Team 44....................The Nimrods.

deertale
bwhunter501
Alabama Slama
Ruttinbucks.com
Stevezt4
nubo
Kshafer
BuellMan
spudrow
iowabob85

JFergus7 08-17-2007 03:02 PM

RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Welcome to the contest Team 44!!! Good luck this year!

bwhunter501 08-17-2007 03:27 PM

thanks Rob! Hey guys ill just introduce myself. My names Jake im 18. Ill be hunting in Illinois this year i have a couple farms that are available. I have a couple bucks in 140's already under my belt and im ready to go!

peakrut 08-17-2007 04:13 PM

Welcome bwhunter,
Well I see my brother ruttinbucks.com is on your team. Do me a fav and ask him where he is going to hunt now this year when he checks in? HAHAHAH HEHEHEHE:D

peakrut 08-17-2007 04:17 PM

Hey I got a team name for ya

DOE PEE

HAHAHA
Oh this is going to be fun

iowabob85 08-17-2007 04:59 PM

Hey it's iowabob checking in!!!! And as for you Fraley does Fraley explain the deer you shoot or something. Frail old going down hill and something that nobody else wanted??? LOL Oh ya my name is Bob I live in western Iowa am 40 years old and have a 150" buck under my belt plus a few smaller ones in the 130's. We have lots of big bucks around here. The one I was watching all summer committed suicide the other day at the hands of my Oldsmobile. It was a shame hit him within a 1/4 mile of my house. Oh well they will make more. Good luck to all and have a great season.

BuellMan 08-17-2007 08:38 PM

Hello everyone, My name is Brandon, I am 23,I live in northeast, Iowa. Have been bow hunting for 4 years now, but have been hunting deer ever since I was 12and have takenmany good bucks. Plan on doing a lot of hunting this year as always, will post some pics of some deer I am watching and some that I have taken.This year it is my goalto get my fiance, her first good buck (or deer ever). She has had plenty of opportunitiesto take deer but nothing mature yet. Can't wait to hear from everyone and only 43 days till opener.Iam onmost everynight and will try and post picsoffthe cuddeback whenever I can.

Deer taken in the past

Deer from last year that was in the contest

Pics from this year

BuellMan 08-17-2007 08:40 PM

We also need a team captain, team name, and a team avatar, anyone???

nubo 08-17-2007 09:00 PM

Hey guy's!

Checking in here from Ontario,, I've been a participant in this contest now for the last 4 season's and am sure looking forward to another great season of hunting the wood's for that illusive king of the wood's .

My name's John and I'm 48 year's old , I live in Ontario and I get into the wood's as often as time allow's . I';m yet to get that monarch ,but just maybe this is the season for that .I've been hunting since I was 15 and bowhunting for the past 7 year's now . We have some real dandy's buck's here .
I'm getting ready to head for ThunderBay Ontario ,for this season's archery moose hunt and mabe a bear to boot .
I've been a team Capt for 2 of the 3 team's in the past , so if you need a Capt ,I'll be more than happy to help out .

Let the game's begin .

nubo

stevezt4 08-18-2007 07:11 AM

Hi, Just checking in!!!! Im Steve Temple and Im 23 yrs. old. and i hunt mostly in southeast ohio on our own property. From the looks of things we should be doing pretty good this year. last year I shot a real nice deer however as bow hunting goes it got away. But ive taken some pretty nice bucks in the 140's and this year i hope to produce one at least that good. We need to get creative on the Name!

stevezt4 08-18-2007 07:12 AM

A couple from Iowa one from Illinois another from Wisconsin and ontario Im from Ohio.......WOW this team should score some major deer!

jmbuckhunter 08-18-2007 07:54 AM

Welcome to the contest guys. You can have that last place spot, YAAAHHHOOOOOO we aren't in last place anymore.

Good luck this season, you can have second!:D

kshafer 08-18-2007 11:49 AM

hey guys just checkin in here. this is my first year in the contest. will tell you more about me when i have time.

peakrut 08-18-2007 03:18 PM

You guys are in trouble. My brother ruttinbucks.com calls me and say I am not on a team yet its a person
called ruttingbucks.com. Do I need to say more, lol ;) Good Luck guys.

bwhunter501 08-18-2007 04:19 PM

im goin to agree with steve after looking at where everyones from we have a good chance this year if we all score.

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-18-2007 04:29 PM

just checking in, lets get it on thanks mike[:@]

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-18-2007 04:41 PM

Hey all my name is Mike 37 years young, Live in northern illinois, but hunting wisconsin. in my brothers stand (fraley's) when he is not. lol.Ihave been hunting for 22 years now and got my share.
We'll part of team44 lets tak'em down,and as far as a teamnameill put my thinking cap on, captain not me,lol Thanks Mike[:@]

peakrut 08-18-2007 05:40 PM

Hands off that buck, Good Luck brother should be fun.
I will put brother ricks socks around your stand this year. ;)

AR 34 eight point 08-18-2007 06:54 PM

Welcome to the family fellas, and good luck, If you need some more socks to hang I will donate a few!!

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-18-2007 09:43 PM

hope you have a bag for them socks , know one has any idea how bad them babys stink,lol,hmmm might bring a big buck in , hmmm [:@]

JFergus7 08-18-2007 09:53 PM

Ruttinbucks--Just curious what the family bet is between you and your brother??? Don't let his smack talk(or lack of it) get to you!! My money is on you!!

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-18-2007 10:16 PM

no bet , we actually hunt great together, i hope he gets a monster and im sure he wishes me the same, but for on here now thats another storie,lol[:@]

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-18-2007 10:18 PM

and i forgot you put your money on the right one ,Thanks [:@]

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-18-2007 10:21 PM

a name BUCKS BEFORE HOE'S , LOL JUST A THOUGHT[:@] BBH

nubo 08-18-2007 10:41 PM

Well.well.well we have a pretty confident bunch here , being from Ontario and being pretty hard to find good deer [LOL] I'll just say hey we ain't going to be the last bunch in this contest for long,no matter what any of these guy's say LOL

We're goin to get her on and we can't go anywhere but up ,so if you have a buck in front ,guess what? your gonna have to take the little guy down ,no matter how big he is ,he's inch's and that's what we're gonna need ,so don't wait till it's late ,if it's worthy take em. I've seen in the past from other team's guy's who have been passing up decent deer and end up not scoring an inch. I'm one of those guy's ,this season ,I'm going for the inch's and not the horn's .

Again I offer to take the team Capt position and we'll take this team no where but forward .
I will not assume anything ,we need to act as a team and make good choice decission's as a team .I'm no rookie and I'll move this team forword. I know what it take's to get there ,inch's ,inch's inch's ,it's not about taking the bigguy unless you have that oppurtunity,just don't leave it till the last moment ,we are a team not individual's. Let's make this team the surprise of the season .

Tommorrow I'll look over our team list and if anyone who has been chose for our team hasn't posted ,I'll pm them and see if we can't stir up a little interest.
You guy's decide ,If someone want's to take charge ,I'm fine with that ,but let's get this season underway.

nubo

nubo 08-18-2007 10:55 PM

O.K guy's !

Deertale
Alabamaslamma
Spudrow

These are the guy's that haven't responded as of yet ,I'll contact Rob and find out how much time we have before we can ask for replacement's ,just in case these guy's don't show .
I'll send pm's out tomorrow and I'll also contact Rob, to see where we stand. I know it's early ,but we need to be prepared for the no show's . Just in case .

nubo

peakrut 08-18-2007 11:18 PM

You guys are in trouble look at his signature, ilinois?

All seriousness you have a good team member here.

Ferg you know that lake your on has a deep hole, lol

Alabama Slama 08-18-2007 11:35 PM

Ok checking in and here are some of the bucks that Im after this year

Alabama Slama 08-18-2007 11:36 PM

more

Alabama Slama 08-18-2007 11:37 PM

Also my name is Brett and Im 17 years old and this will be my 4th year bowhunting.

Alabama Slama 08-18-2007 11:38 PM

more

bwhunter501 08-19-2007 01:23 AM

hey nubo my vote is for you being the team captain.

iowabob85 08-19-2007 09:13 AM

Nubo has my vote for el capitan. And how about 44 MAGNUM for a name???
Better wait for everyone else to check in.

extreme1 08-19-2007 10:33 AM

Your team is looking good guys.
Nubo will make a great captain,he will get the job done:)

Now hopefully soon I will be placed on a team so let the smack talk begin :D

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-19-2007 02:51 PM

Nubo , you have my vote as captain all you ,,thanks mike, we do need a kick butt name and logo [:@]

peakrut 08-19-2007 03:42 PM

How about Team Genetics?

kshafer 08-19-2007 04:21 PM

ok guys i am gonna be 16 in december, have been hunting since the 5th grade. only killed one deer but have been seeing some bucks around the place. i play high school football and am trying to fight my way back up the depth chart due to a shoulder injury last year. i shoot a browning rage one with 26 inch gold tip expedition hunters and muzzy MX-3's. missed my first shot with a bow last year and i hope that if i get another shot this year i can calm myself down and make a good shot. nubo also gets my vote for team captain. i think our name should have something to do with inches since that is all nubo talked about in his post and after all that is what you have to get to win. we should have a great year. oh by the way i am from NE Indiana.

RUTTINBUCKS.COM 08-19-2007 07:05 PM

my brother posted this name , but i told him i liked it , Genetics , just a thought. thanks mike[:@]

spudrow 08-19-2007 08:29 PM

Hellow fellow team members. Spudrow checking in.
Nubo, sounds to me like you really want to be captain so "knock your socks off".:)
You have my vote.

How about "44 Nimrods" for a nick name? Look it up.

Good luck to all.

Spudrow from Mo

nubo 08-19-2007 08:50 PM

I wasn't planning on taking the team capt's spot ,but as I look through the team ,I see we have alot of new guy's on the team and I think that this make's for a real good combo ,someone who has experience as team Capt. I just know this is going to be a good team .When it come's to the smack talk ,let's keep it friendly and don't be offensive .
I would like for every team member to pm me with their e-mail addy and where your from ,so I can contact you's need be . I'll also answer any question's you have about this contest ,if I don't have the answer's I'll get them for you .

So please send me your e-mail addy's ASAP

I'm good with "Team Genetic's " ,,,,now if we can just find someone to come up with a team logo ,we'll be off to the race's .

nubo