Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:35 AM
Bartender

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Hope you feel better nubo.

Bob your not looking to good yourself,
Old 12-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well FRALEY that is because I am oldddddddd. Sorry all for not checking in but due to the holiday and the extended shotgun deer season old Bob has been extremely busy. They extended our shotgun season three days and it was just open for does only due to the low numbers of deer shot during the regular seasons. They wanted 220,000 taken and the number was only at 118,000 so they extended iy for three days. Good thing because I would have been eating tag soup. I shot a button buck the last minute of the last day, I really thought it was a 2 y.o. doe but no such luck. I shot the poor bugger right between the eyes with my 20 guage. Made for a short tracking job that is forsure. Well Merry Christmas late everyone and have a Happy New Year.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Bartender

Any update on the huge one out by you that was shot?

Here is one from boone and crockett site but not close to 400:
http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch.asp?area=news#watch2E77FFDB-DBED-4522-BC04-67F3032720CB

Hey your looking better today pal!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's feeling much better today ,so hopefully be in the field this weekend since our season is over at the end off the month . Good luck to you guy's ,hopefully get a few more point's on the board before season's over.

nubo
Old 12-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

So much for feeling better ,and so much for hunting , .My son Jared was in a hockey tournament and ended up with a broken leg after falling badly against the boards on thurs night ,so after 5hours in the emergency ward and not being able to get around very well ,I'll be tending to his every need from here on in, so hunting's out for the rest of this season. The wife has been more than excellent on my hunting this season ,but she need's my help now and I appreciate her patience all season long .

nubo
Old 01-01-2008, 09:04 PM

sorry to hear about that nubo wish him a speedy recovery!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Nubo, good luck with your son's recovery. I've got 5 days left in the Wisc. bow season - the end is in sight. My son and I are planning on hunting this weekend. We were out on NYE with a friend. He took four shots at a fawn and missed at all of them. This was a late fawn that we are concerned it wouldn't make it through the winter with the deep snow we have. Now this fawn has a ledgend behind its name - "Fluffster" (its got real fluffy fir) It still had spots in November. I hope I never get in a shoot out with it - four arrows I'm still shaking my head at that.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to report from Iowa fellas we only have 5 days left and it just isn't looking good for me. Have to start late 2 days this week and just maybe something will happen my way then. Hope yer sons leg heals fast nubo. And as for the big one that someone supposedly got muzzleloading I haven't seen one lick of proof as of yet I even asked the game warden about it and he hadn't heard a thing. Well fellas hopefully I can still get it done but it isn't looking good.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well my season's over and due to being sick and having to be home to help with Jared ,I just haven't had time to get out .I'm hoping someone here can pull the trigger on another buck ,so good luck guy's .
I'll try to get in a little more often ,but visit's to the hospital and doctor's has kept me real busy here.
Thank's for all the well wish's for Jared ,he's pretty deppressed since he know's now that his hockey season is over for the year .
Old 01-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Bartender

Bob good to see you back this MIA had me concerned a bit.

Nubo budd hope you and your son get better.

Next year I hope we end up on the same team would be fun but then again who can I pick on again.

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.