Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Yea good luck to you and your apprentice Bob ,hopefully you's are both successful this week . I'm heading out this afternoon to see if I can't get something going here.

Nice sunny day around -5 ,should have the deer moving . Lot's of food source's Bob ,the deer will do just fine ,just hopefully they come to my food source on the edge of a cornfield.

nubo
Old 12-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys sorry i havent been on lately iv been busy with finals. I shot 4 doe's with my muzzleloader for first season shotgunand then muzzleloader season i only plenty of bucks just nothing i was looking for but now with the snow on the ground it should be better hunting IMO so lets get it done guys. good luck and merryx-mas
Old 12-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats bwhunter.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 12-11-2007, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the weekend brought more snow for us and because of that we could not get the deer to leave the timber. We had to almost step on them to get them to move. The pushers were the only ones that got any deer. We got 7 deer Saturday and then we got 6 on Sunday. Lots of tags left to fill, somewhere around 27. Well back to work for me today thank goodness. You would not believe how slick the hills are around here. If you fall you are at the bottom of them be4 you know it. Oh ya we got 6 bucks and 7 does/button bucks.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well we're getting rain here tonight ,but the temp's are supposed to drop tomorrow and then we're gonna get more snow this weekend. I just got the snowmobile out on sunday and she's running tonight ,had to pull the carb's and give them a cleaning and grease her up . Now it won't be too hard to be getting in and out from the bush's I'm hunting . I've left the snowmobile at the farm ,so she'll be ready to go when time call's .

nubo
Old 12-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas we got 6 more inches of snow yesterday. There is at least 19" of snow on the ground here, crazy for this early in December. The last few years the winters have been pretty mild but old mother nature is making up for it this year. I keep asking everyone what did we do to deserve this but hey it is Iowa I guess. Had a really nice buck escape our walkers the other day. I watched it unfold from up on the hill and found myself rooting for the buck instead of the walkers . 1 more weekend and then it is back to bowhunting for me, I can't wait to relax in my treestand. Working today so got to get rolling you guys be careful and good luck to everyone that is hunting.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Bob - Send that snow north! We're snow lovers up here. There is about 1' on the ground, but we need some fresh powder. I moved my ground blind on Tuesday to take into account all the south winds we've been having. I can't believe its coming from the south so much - what's up with that.

I also modified the blind. Its a cheap one with a small shoot through window. I bought some replacement Double-Bull window material, cut it to fit then used safety pins to attach it to the blind, with the full length window open. It really opens up the view and give us more room to work inside. I can't wait to try it out. I tucked the blind into/behind a pine tree then clipped the branches for the window. There are thick pine trees behind it so it really blends in. I also packed snow around the bottom to really seal it. Soon as I have time, my son and I are going to make a move on this big buck that has been coming in almost every night. 3 other bucks as well.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't get me wrong deertale I love snow also but this is ridiculous. Well working for my dad today so gotta got. Later fellas.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

You want rediculous ,you should be here in Ontario ,now that's rediculous ,and we're expecting another serious front again this evening ,it's -21 right now . I was planning on getting out this morning ,but it was so cold I stayed in bed . I've noticed nothing has been moving in the field's and that the deer have began their hurding mode ,so look's like I'm gonna have to get right into the thick stuff if I have any plan's on getting that buck this season .

nubo
Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Bartender

Bob do you go to the iowa classic?

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.