Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Hello team. Went out to hunt last Saturday to a place close to home for an evening. To make a long story short, fell out out of my climber at 15 to 18 feet. 4 broken ribs, 2 broken bones in my neck and 1 collasped lung. Looks like my season is over. I'm just lucky to be alive. Maybe we can get an alternate to take my place?

Spudrow from Mo
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well from what I found out it looks like we are gonna have to do it with nine guys, time to step upI guess. spudrow don't worry about the team you just concentrate on getting yerself healed up. Had a awesome encounter with a 170" deer yesterday morning but no good shot was offered so I had to pass on him. Did have a broadside shot at 30 yards but just to many obstacles that could have deflected the arrow so decided not to take a chance of wounding the beast. He was a 10 pointer with lots of mass. I am pretty sure that he wasn't alerted to my presence so maybe he will pass my way again. Off to the stand again in a few minutes so lets hope he passes my way again because there is a enough of a shooting lane to drive a semi through now.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spudrow!

That's terrible new's ,I'm just glad your on the healing mend ,man you really have to be careful in those stand's .You take care of yourself and get back into hunting form ,just maybe you can get out for a walk before the season's over .
Bob it's gonna happen bud ,I just feel it ,so keep at it and I'll be looking forward to seeing a pic of that great buck .

nubo
Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear your still alive Spudrow - Hang in there and work on your recovery. The team is behind you.

I picked up my trail cam on Monday and was pleasantly surprised about seeing the buck my wife calls the "Night Rambler." He showed up on my very first trail cam set up in 2005. I've just recently got permission to hunt my neighbors property where I believe he travels on to get to my stand. Its got a field edge. If the winds right, my son and I will hunt it this weekend with the decoy. Maybe this will be the year...

Old 11-08-2007, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blow wind blow. Yesterday was brutal in the stand. Saw one deer and it was a small buck. Got some bad news from a local farmer yesterday. While combining a field of corn he found 6 mature bucks dead out in the middle of the field. He is guessing that itis blue tongue due to the poor shape of the deer.[:@]If only they would have opened up our quotas for harvest a few years ago like all the huntershad asked. But IowasDNR think they have the population in check when really they have no ideajust how many deer there are here. They shoulda been listening tous hunters instead of there biologists. Well back to the tree for me good luck all.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Bartender

Spud glad to hear you survived this one. Hopefully all will learn from this. I think you should tell your story
to help others. Just my little opinion pal
Old 11-11-2007, 06:16 AM

spud, just glad to see your still around to tell about, my dad had a tree fall down while he was in it. He was also lucky to be alive, well get well soon and get back out there next year!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Spike

Hey Guys
Sorry have not been around Hunting Hunting and have not seen a thing , Spudrow sorry to hear about your fall , glad your still around ,been jumping stand to stand and have not seen anything, last year stuck to one stand and nothing so i thoughti would take my brother advise and hunt the wind and move around a bit but nothing , I still enjoy it , just being out there is apart of it, going out tonight with my bro , be nice to stick one for the team and to have my brother around also, ill try to make it on more, Good luck Team Hunt Hard ,Remember the deer don't want to die thats why its tuff, so hunt hard and stick one oe two
Old 11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas after a week of hunting really hard my optimism is less than desirable. I have seen quite a few deer but nothing worth letting a arrow fly for this early in the season. I cannot believe that I screwed up that encounter with that monster Tuesday morning, if I woul've just cleared some lanes I would be sleeping in instead of getting up early every morning and sitting in the stand until it is time to go to work. Well enough lickng my wounds I better just get out there and get it done. You all just hunt and have fun and I guarantee that I will get it done no matter what. Later fellas and hunt hard.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's sorry for not being around the past few day's ,but we've been busy ,busy getting ready for a hockey tourny today .I wasn't able to hunt this week due to the rifle and shotgun hunt's ,but I'll be back on stand on Tues morning . My son's hockey team won a tourny today winning all 3 game's they played . Our morning startedat 6:0oam and playing at 9:00 am 1:00pm and 7:30pm for the Championship . I'll promise I'll be a round a little more this week . Good to see your still with us Ruttin ,keep plugging away it'll turn for you .

nubo

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.