Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Oh by the way FRALEY that is sure a fine avatar where did you find one like that .
Old 10-25-2007, 05:11 AM
Bartender

Well Thank You Bob.

Ruttin is heading out right now as I type. He asked me which stand to hunt and with a northeast wind today I told him to hunt mine. Stay tuned he might get onto one. Oh wait he dont have a doe yet but he still might get a nanny wacker. If he can get a doe this morning and then a buck come by he can shoot it. He just has to register them together. Good Luck hunting later buddy.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was out this morning scouting for my hunt this weekend , The buck's are finally starting to chase the doe's around and scrape's are appearing every day now ,thank's to the weather change I'm sure . I seen 2 real nice 8 pointer's and a doe and a pair of fawn's . Let's just see what happen's this weekend guy's .

nubo
Old 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Here's an excerpt from my 10/25.07 "Deer Tale" journal

Tonight I had one of my best hunts in a while. Or at least its been a while since I’d had that much fun. During my morning routine I was thinking of how to get at some deer in a nearby field. They were always out in the field when I hunted them before and they never walked past the ground blind that my son and I had set up on a travel corridor. Then it hit me - why not just “still” hunt them. I had scouted out a large pine with a downed branch that would give my ground blind some cover, but it was too late (no time) to move the blind so my plan was to just slip in and try to get some cover between me and the deer and see what happens. The wind was blowing perfect for this approach. All was working well, I had made it to with in 15 yards of the field edge with out getting busted. I could see nine does in the field. They were fun to watch, as they looked my way a few times but I froze and eventually they went back to feeding. They were looking every which way as cars drove by or dogs barked. Well I couldn’t quite get set up in a spot that had cover and lanes to shoot, when the wind died - I was caught in a bad spot with no cover noise and deer feeding in my direction. I maneuvered behind some small sapling type trees and waited - ankles cramping. A few times I thought I’d blew it when I tried to change position but the does went back to munching away. One doe was heading my direction . I drew on her at 40 yards, very close to letting the arrow fly but I let down. I just didn’t have the confidence for a quick and fatal shot. I had practiced at 40 yards, but not enough. I still had light left so I thought I let things play out and see what happens.

Meanwhile one doe goes trotting into the woods to try to find out who I was, but walked out again with out knowing I was there. As the light faded I became more bold and stood - creeping closer to a feeding doe. She fed away from me at 30 yds but with a bush between us. Then at the last light I tried a mouth doe bleat she trotted into the woods like the other deer to circle me. I bleated again and again she had enough and ran into the field taking all the other deer with her, which was OK. The light was gone. I went and moved the blind near this spot so my son and I can try this weekend. A friend was driving by the road and said he saw 15 deer in the field. What a blast bow hunting can be! It would be great if I could get my kid on these deer...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's like a fun time Deertale , I know the feeling of trying to get close to deer feeding in the field . Today I seen 1 doe and 2 fawn's and then watched 8 point buck walk clear across the field to meet with the doe ,only thing is that the fawn's kept interupting his approach . Something scared the doe and she trotted off into the hardwood's and the buck followed her .They trotted right past my stand in the corner ,if I had goten in that stand a simple mouth bleat probably would have been enough to get him to stop and he would have been stck in a heartbeat .But unfortunately I was in the observation stand about 70 yrds up the fence row . After they left the field I turned oround to see another deer feeding in the harvested corn ,but at that time I couldn't tell whether it was a buck or a doe ,until he raised his head ,that's when I realized I was looking a real nice wide 8 point buck ,he fed for about 20 minute's before he sauntered off into another bush on the other side of the field from me . He came out from another location where i had been setting up a ladder stand ,tomorrow evening I'll be in that stand ,so if he show's he's going to be down . Someone need's to get us started and this weekend I'll be doing my best to do just that.

nubo
Old 10-27-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me too nubo hoping this weekend will break us through. Gonna do my best to get out also and stick a biggun.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:36 AM

hey guys sorry i havent been on. football is over now cause we got beat in the second round of the sectional. now i will be huntin almost every night. good luck everybody lets get some deer.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back kshafer glad to see ya and congrats to the football team for making it so far.Good luck while in the woods.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well nubo how did yer weekend hunt go??? Mine was less than lackluster seen some but nothing worth using my tag on. Hopefully somebody scored for the NIMRODS though.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Bartender

I am trying Bob , hunting hard

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.