Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Hey Guys
Well instead of me huntingi decided to put my bow in my sons hand while i watched from a stand , we have 2 stands in one tree for video ,and for me to hunt with my son. We did see 2 does but no shot, my son did pull the bow back twice, he has been in the stand with me before but never with a bow in his hand , always watching me, so this was very exciting , even more after we got done and found out my brother shot a doe, so it was a great first hunt of the year.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

Hello everyone. I just returned yesterday from a 7 day bow hunt a couple of states west of here. I have always been a meat hunter but this year I have decided to hunt some horns. Actually it's kinda neat to do this. Any way I saw over 100 deer, mostly does and fawns but some really nice bucks. I was particularly interested in this one 10 point buck that just wouldn't come into range. I only shoot 30 yards and less but let me inform you that this has to change. This buck only came to within 60 yards and I never got a shot. I passed on too many smaller bucks and lots of does, bummer. Not sure this was very smart butof course I never claimed to be very smart . Just trying to get us some points.Oh well. I am going back to this place the end of October and give it another try.
Anyone else have any luck?

Spudrow from Mo
Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Wow, sorry fellas I have been out trying to get buck for my little brother. Iowa has a youth season and it started sat but anyways after three days we finally put it together. He was shooting a muzzleloader a CVA and we were hunting a large section of beans that we have been seeingtwo bucks in around 6pm every other night. Sunday was the first night to get out got in the blind around 2pm seen three doe and the Seven pointer came through around 6 but no 10 withhim, so around darkwe take the blind down and start to head out, while doing this 200 yards behind me mybrother spots the 10. Get set up but bythe time we get the stix set and a yardage he is to far (208 yards) so we back out.
Monday night in the blind around 6pm only 2 does and 2 smaller bucks no big guys, back out at dark.Tues forecast to rain all day,Butnothing untill 4pm when I get off work then it starts to sprinkle off and on with storms coming.......Little Brother wants to go out, so we go get out to the field and set the blinda bit closer to where we saw himSunday night.
Just get the blind set up and down poor, wow this is going to suck, I only came out because he wanted to go so anyways we sit there raining hard off and on, I decided to take a nap, 6pm I get a hard elbow in the side and in the middle of this down poor out the window there they are the 7 and the 10 just feeding in the beans, get him set up and range them at 134 yards get the binos on him and tell him whenever he is ready, a quick HEY and his head shoots up out of the beansand kaboom.
Drops him right there the seven runs back the way he came in and the 10 I can't see, Beans are to tall but I know he hit him. Wait 15 mins then go out to look (The whole time its thundering and lighting and raining hard) Get out there, Nothing I can't find anything but spot in the beans where he fell and a trail where he might have go down a ditch into a corn field. Back to the blind to get a coat and make some calls, Our Mom shows up to help find him, Keep in mind it has been thunderstorming this whole time so no blood and no deer yet. We are soaked and decided to walk the corn field awhile take a couple of rows in between us.
I start walking the direction he came from and come across a deer trail but no fresh track or blood but as I was on my knees looking I happened to look ahead and there his nose was sticking out from a mess of corn stalks only 50 yards from the shot,
Never had a day of hunting like that in my life, The rain the thunder, the excitment for my brother and the rollercoaster of emotions of him shooting him ,to not finding him, to finding him all in that storm

Anyways enoughtyping, Here he is my little Brother Austin 11 years old and his biggest buck to date 130+ 10 pointer shot at 134yards with a muzzleloader in a thunderstorm.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 PM

congrats on getting him the deer, it sounds like a great memory. I cant wait for the 29th here. Im gettin married on saturday then of course honeymoon but I will definately be back by next sat. for the opener.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Bartender

You guys need to keep your team mate out of our thread please.[:@]

Old 09-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck for yer brother BuellMan and good reading also. Has to be great taking yer little bro out and helping him get a nice deer like that. Glad to here from some of you MIA's wondered if you had jumped ship?LOL
Old 09-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Buelman, now that's what I'm talking about. Nice buck little brother. Good job big brother. Congrats to the both of you.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Hey farley, is that a self portrait?

You must be the most really be worried about our team beating yours by the way you're always on our thread.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 09-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Bartender

I am a pimp I have to keep you guys in line.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 PM

sorry i havent said anything in a while ive been busy. I went out opening weekend and saw a nice buck but it never came close enough. By the way my name is Brett Hellmann I hunt in Missouri, im 17.

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.