Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

it grossed 122 and some change 118 and some change was the net. I will be posting the actual score late tonight after my wife brings home the sheet so we will officially be on the board
Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM

well it was measured on the boone and crocket scale so i had to do some adjusting and got 119 5/8. He is entered now
Old 11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go SteveZ ,sure glad to see you got him entered .I'm sure someone else here has got to take a buck soon . I was out tonight and had 2 doe's and 2 fawn's come out of the bedding area ,shortly after a small 8 point came out to join them.They walked right across the field ,but only casme within 50yrds of me , I really need to take something soon ,the snow is starting to pile up and i had to take 3 run's at a hill in order to get to the bush tonight . I'm going to try again in the morning and maybe the big guy will show ,I know he's still there because I've seen his track's right in front of my stand . I'll just keep my finger's crossed .

nubo
Old 11-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing good for me so far this weekend but not givin up hope yet. Good luck all.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:27 PM

well here in ohio if your gonna get it done it has to be before monday (the start of gun season) around my place if you dont have it by then its pretty much lights out with my experiances. That is unless you take it with a gun..

Goodluck everyone
Steve
Old 11-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing last night except a doe that was really trying my patience. If I woulda had a doe tag she would be hanging in my shed right now. Back at it in about 20 minutes. Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well my Sat was avery exciting morning, asI walked into my stand ,I looked across the cornfield and could see a sillouet of a deer standing on the top of the hill , I brought up my bino's to see that he was one huge buck that I had been seeing periodically . I wasn't sure this big guy made it through the gun hunt till Wed night when I found his track's crossing in front of my treestand ,but now I had actually seen him ,as I looked further up the field I see another very large buck walking and feeding in the cornfield .I tried to skirt up the edge of the fence row to get a little closer and that 's when a real nice 8 point walk's out of the fencerow and stand's broadside to me at 20yrds,"shoot" ,he caught me by total surprise and I wasn't ready for him . He looked around ,but didn't appear to have seen me and walked directly across inthe direction of my stand ,so I continued up the edge of the fencerow to get a closer look at the big guy's on the opposite side of the field ,they appeared to be heading toward's my stand as well ,so I figured if I could stay low and get closer to my stand ,I just might get a shot at 1 of these bruiser's .Then everything went haywire and another 8 point walked out of the fencerow[ a different 8 point]and stood once more broadside in front of me ,this time they knew I was something out of place ,when he turned his head ,I lifted my bow and out come's a 4 point standing not 15 yrds from me in front of the 8 point ,this little buck stared me down for an eternity as the 8 point was trying to get downwind of me ,I had a couple opportunities where the 8 point had turned his head in the opposite direction ,but each time the 4 point had me froze and and would run up inbetween me and the 8 point and would take my shot away. Finally the 8 point got wind of me and the 2 of them took off across the field and into the ravine . The 2 big brute's never got close enough to know that I was there and gradually headed into the hardwood's behind my stand . All this happened in a matter of about 15 to 20 minute's ,what a rush it was . We have about 1 foot of snow on the ground and the deer litterally have the field covered with track's ,so they're pretty darn active right now .
I returned this afternoon and decided to cover the ravine ,thinking that just maybe this nice 8 point may give me a shot ,but after 3 hr's of sitting I decided I had to go check out the cornfield ,Sure enough a buck ,doe and fawn out feeding . I had my buddy TerryM with me and he had setup in a groundblind at the mouth of the bedding area, he was looking for a decent doe or fawn for the freezer,that's when he looked out into the field and seen my hogg following his foot print's through the field and right out front of him ,only too far away to get a shot at .Terry was pretty excited when I got to him ,so we followed his track's, and wouldn't you know it ,he walked up and stood not 20yrds from my stand .The first day I decide to hunt another spot and the bugger ,just happen's to add salt to a sore wound . Terry figure's this buck may be a 12 point around the 300lb mark ,so I'll try again later this afternoon after my son's hockey game .Sooner or later something's gotta give ,I've worked waaaaaay too hard to come out of this bush with nothing . I'm going to tag this bruiser .
We also seen 4 deer running across the field on our way out tonight ,but it was too dark to get a good look ,but when the field's all covered in snow and it's a full moon you can see pretty well. Just not well enough to get a shot . So todaywe seen 7 buck's and 5 doe's and 1 fawn . It sure was a great day of hunting .

nubo
Old 11-25-2007, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a picture of a buck I found this spring on the river bank ,unfortunately I never got to take him during regular hunting season ,but sometime's this happen's .

nubo

Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another

Old 11-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like this one the best ,sorry about the other's they didn't turn out as well ,but I'm afraid I have a problem with my camera.

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.