Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:12 PM

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

My guess is that deer would scorein the upper 150's to 160's and he is probbaly 5 1/2 years old. Hopefully ya get him!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas,

Have some bad news. My season will be delayed a bit with a possibility of missing most if not all of the it. My daughter has brain cancer. We are currently in the hospital (going on two weeks now) for her second surgery. Some tumor was removed but not all of it. After we get out of the hospital we are headed to Texas for a month of treatments at a cancer clinic down there. After that I may be able to hunt. That time frame puts me in the woods in the middle or end of gun season (end of November), which for Michigan isn't that great of a time to score a big buck with a bow. Decmber hunting is always slow, but I've shot several deer in December, so it's not impossible. I will be missing peak rut though.

I just wanted to let everyone know and apologize that I won't be able to give you guys my all. Yes, this conctest pales in comparison to my daughter's life, but I thought I'd let you all know.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our prayers are with you,hoping for a positive outcome and a speedy recovery.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like Dr. Andy said, our prayers are with you. Hope all goes well.

The contest is just for fun, nobody takes it seriously. Don't even think about hunting right now. I'll tell ya - our team isn't going to win anyway. I'm not going to shoot anything [&:].

Take care,

Jason
Old 09-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Man I hate to hear about little kids having to go through things like that! My Prayers go out to your daughter and your family. Spend as much time with her as you can, there is always other hunting seasons.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Screw hunting season, you got to be there for your little girl!!

May God bless your little girl and your entire family!!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Don't even worry about deer season right now. Your little girl is a lot more important than any deer. I just hope everything will turn out good for you and your family. My prayers are with you guys.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM

My families thoughts are with you and yours. We wish your daughter a quick recovery!

As stated, don't worry about the hunt. Family is always first!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

my wife is in boston this week - no hunting going on here. I think i'll get out friday night and then i'll spend the whole day saturday at the land. the leaves should be falling, I'll start seeing a whole lot more deer! My woods is thick!

Bob - hope you daughter is doing well.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:12 PM

Hey guys, I have been too busy aletly to get on here, Im sorry Bob to hear about your daughter, my prayers are with you. Hunting has been pretty slow here, seen 1 shooter so far. any body else been haven any luck? good luck everybody

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.