Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:41 AM

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Thanks Mike! I may have to enlist ya one of these days.

I'm still thinking about one of them bushnell outdoor cameras. Have they upgraded the megapixles yet??
Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Scott - I will check that out - need to get ahold of him anyway!

RiverBottom - that is a dandy for sure - hard to age - but he looks to be a widebody in the second pic.

Greattine length - great mass - and carries it out nicely. Shoot him and drag out the tape!Best of luck putting a tag on him.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Riverbottom - my guess is 150'ish??? and 3 1/2 or 4 1/2. Can't really see his body too well. He's a shooter in anyone's book - wow!! he looks a lot like a buck my father in law has on the wall. What a great buck!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking 140 ish but I'm not very good at that. I was also thinking 41/2-51/2. He has a pot bely and a pretty good curve in his back.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Because my buddy has done the food plotting and a lot of the work, I am going to stay out of that area. I want him to kill him. He has done the work. I know that if I go sit one time he will come by. I am that guy in camp. The big one you've been hunting will come right by me the first time I sit in your spot.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your buddy will understand. It's so tough to kill a buck like that (notice both pics are at night!!). You'll be lucky if either of you get him.

Go for it! He shouldn't mind - he'll be really happy for you!!!

If you don't go for him I'm going to give you crap every day the rest of this season. Believe me, I can be real annoying that way. GO FOR IT!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:44 PM

I'll try to get some pics posted from deer at my spots. Then you will understand why its not a big deal.

One thing That me and my 2 buddies do is share all of our land. We each do our own footwork but will share sites. If we get a big one in the area we might all three set up and see if one of us can't get a shot.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

So I was doing a bit more scouting before deer season and I saw what looked exactly like a scrape and it was fresh, and what I know was a fresh rub that was right on top of it. About 20 feet from that rub I saw another fresh rub. Now I heard about when bucks make rubs this early because of their velvet coming off but I never heard of scrapes being made this early. I could go back out there and take some shots of it if anybody would like to see what I am talking about if anyone wants me too. But have any of you ever seen scrapes in the Midwest made this early?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes,I've actually seen scrapes made in July! These however are not important. The scrapes they start making now are.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out tonight. Had two fawns bedded about 40 yards from my stand. That's all I saw. I could hear twigs cracking a couple times but couldn't see them. Can't wait till the leaves drop. My woods is at peak fall colors in some areas already! Looks coolwith all the maples.

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.