Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

It was GREAT to be back in the stand. It was in the mid 20's on Saturday AM where I was hunting. The deer were moving all day. My buddy passed on a 3 point and then a little spike. I knew both of these bucks from trail cam pics. That's all the buck activity we had. We saw a total of 18 deer. I had a doe at 20 yards and broadside in my shooting lane but she busted me.

I also saw the bear that my buddy hit 2 weeks ago. It crossed the 4-wheeler trail about 60 yards away from me and continued North. Had a noticeable limp but seemed to be getting along ok. I was amazed to see that particular bear, especially at 8:30 on opening morning. I also got pics of a 300 pound sow. huge!!!

Can't wait to get out there next. I'll probably head out tonight.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer I saw were only moving early and late but I did't stay on stand all day. 1.5 hours not seeing deer in the am I quit. Got out at 3pm and only saw the deer at 4:45 cuz the hunter nearby kicked em up. Come late october I'll stay out much longer.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a doe tonight. I got in the stand at 6pm and she came in at exactly 7. She headed right into one of my shooting lanes at 21 yards. I hit her a little high but man those rage 3 blades do some damage. She went about 100 yards and crashed. I heard her crash from the stand. I expecte the arrow to pass through and dig into the ground behind her. It passed through but it stuck in her about 6 feet before it fell out. That kind of scares me. I would expect a rib shot to blast through. anyway...

Weird thing is it got hotter and hotter as the night went on. By the time I got home it was 80 degrees. I kept looking down at the temp on my dash and I couldn't believe it. 9pm and the temp was going up! It was about 27 on saturday morning. what a switch.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the doe!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 AM

good job!!

Man I am getting worked up. We ave had some cooler weather and it is really feeling like fall here. Just a couple more weeks. Good luck guys!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 PM

RL...Congrats on the doe!

Although archery is open right now, I've been leaving my whitetail spots alone in search of the elusive Wapati (elk). It has been pretty warm here, so the elk are not really talking. I had one bull answer me Friday, but he was probably a herd bull. He rounded up his cows and headed over the hill. Saturday I cut some fresh tracks in the morning and followed them to a great water hole. I built a ground blind out of some blown down branches and sat the day out in the blind. I had a sow and two cubs come in to water, then spook off as my camera went "beep beep" as I turned it on (forgot to turn off the noise thingy). My hopes were high though, as this was the only water for a good mile radius. Then about 6pm I had about 6 bird hunters with dogs come charging thru and pretty much spook out the whole forest (I had forgotten it was opening weekend for chucker and grouse).

This weekend my son and I will be in a high mountain lake for a camp/hunt/fishing trip. The weather is turning cooler and the reports are the elk are talking more. I won't be in whitetail country, so I'll be after elk again. I won't be getting too serious about whitetails until November anyways...

Happy hunting all!!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Scott, you need an expert flatlander guide and I just happen to know of one that could be enticed to give a few pointers. The camera reminds me of the dog bark on Ryan's

Best of luck bud, have a great weekend trip and show us some ivory!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 AM

What do you think his Age/Score is. This pic is about 80 yards from our deer cabin. This is from a buddy's camera.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 AM

another

Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 AM

Good looking buck! I'm not a good judge of scoring or age though...sorry

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.