Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Does sound as if we have a great team for areas covered around the nation. I will get the chance this year to hunt the legendary Jackson County here in Michigan. Jackson County, in the southern half of the lower penninsula, has a reputation for producing huge bucks. It's mostly private land so getting in there is very difficult. My buddy married a gal with a house and five acres which backs up to nothing but fields and woods. Not a lot of land I realize, but the back of his property is wooded and part of a natural funnel. Can't wait.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Scott - sorry to hear about the back - hope you are up and going quickly... I am hoping to see you put down one of those big muleys!

Sounds like you and Troy had a great trip chasing the speed goats - what a blast, although the terrain sounds almost worse than what a hells canyon pack in would be.

Best of luck bud - Mike
Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm so excited for the season to start it isn't even funny anymore.

the hunting has literally gone to hell in the spots that i've hunted the last 20 years. the fields aren't planted anymore andthe dnr has let the land be over hunted (they admit it).the deer have become very scarce. Put it this way, I used to get pictures of 4-5 goodbucks per year - I haven't had a goodbuck pic at my inlaws (where I've done 80% of my hunting) in 3 years!!!

But, in the 40 acres that I just bought there are deer everywhere!!!!!! I can't wait! Anyway, bear hunting starts this weekend. later....
Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 PM

hey guys this is the deer I shot last year gun season ( hopefully it works)

Old 09-01-2007, 06:33 AM

Thats a good looking buck 88.

I think this team will definitly hold thier own on this thing
Old 09-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

yeah good buck hunt!! now arrow his daddy this year
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello, anybody home?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from my first bear hunt ever.Major dissapointment. I won't get into the details - we gave it time (overnight) and the bear was still going strong the next afternoon. After watching the video we realized his shot was really low (considering he was nearly 25' up and the shot was only 17 yards).

Bear under my tree:

Shot placement:

Lesson learned I guess[:@]
Old 09-04-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

I just got back from my first bear hunt ever.Major dissapointment......
Lesson learned I guess[:@]
Major dissapointment????

You went on your first bear hunt...got a shot off, and all the experience that went with it, and your dissapointed?? On my license plate bracket I have the saying "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work". I think sometimes the same applies to Hunting! You got some great photos, andlearned a valuable lesson when it comes to bear hunting (especially archery).Because of thier long fur, a bear seems larger than it is, and gives you a false look as to where a vital shot should be placed. You probably just clipped him lowaiming fora "heart shot". Thier bodies are a lot smaller under all that fur, and you did whata lotof first timersdo on a bear. I bet the next hunt you go on you won't make that mistake again

Thanks for the pics and the story RL!Keep your head up bud!

-Scott
Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The dissapointment was woundingthe bear. We looked hard for that thing, let me tell you. We were pretty dang dejected when we gave up. We wanted to keep looking but that thing was in a swamp that we couldn't walk in. Even w/ chest waders you'd be walking in knee high muck. If we kicked it up, we still wouldn't be able to get a shot because the weeds were almost chest high.[/align][/align]Everything else about the hunt was absolutely incredible. One of the most exciting hunts I've ever been on. We were a bit rattled when we tracked the bear to it's den (in the dark)andthe bear wasn't leaving. It was doing semi-circles around us. My gps just couldn't lock on fast enough! [/align][/align]The video was amazing (pics posted above are grabs from the video).Having that bear come to my tree like it was ona string really got my heart pumping. I really thought it was going to start climbing [/align]

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.