Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 15-Official Team 15 Thread

badshotbob checking in. Don't let the name fool you - I was on the winning team of the first bowhunting contest (The Elite 8). Not that I bagged a giant, but we did it as a team.

I'll be hunting lower and mid-Michigan on private land. I've seen the big boys, just never had an opportunity unfold.

Riverbottom - I think I may know what you're doing when you miss the big ones (let me guess anyway). You may not be following through. In other words you're not staying solid until after the arrow passes through the deer but rather are picking your head up and dropping the bow to see the deer before the arrow ever gets there. It's like picking your head up on a golf shot before you connect with the ball - you'll never hit it well. I offer this advice from experience. When I joined this site back in 03 I was hunting my 24th season as a bow hunter. It was my worst season ever for missing deer - I was missing easy 15 yard shots so I named myself badshotbob for doing stupid stuff, one of which was not following through. It was as if I threw out 23 years of shooting experience. But until someone said something, I simply didn't know what I was doing wrong.

Anyway, good to be here team. I'll try to think of some names and drop them back off.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:08 PM

bsb, You are entirely right. Many years ago I quit using a peep sight and went with a kisser only. On the big bucks I think I just shoot, I don't hit my anchor points at all. This year I am going to go back to a peep sight. I have always disliked them for being too small but I think there are some bigger ones out there now. I am buying a 2 year old bowtech this weekend. For the last 4 years I have shot a mathews mq32, with aluminum arrows and prong style rest. I like to keep it as simple as I can. Thats not working anymore. i'm swithing to carbon arrows, small vanes, and a drop away rest. I am also going to try out the summit hot dot sight. I guess we will find out.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have my eye on a couple fat does and a big spike. i just found out i have to work the best 3 weekends of the year. I haven't worked a weekend since '96 but I have to do 3 in a row this year. cripes, this is going to suck!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Lets get a name team!!

Whitetail Freaks
Whitetail Assasians(sp?)
Big Buck Busters

Throw some names out there and lets figure it out.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bowtech Defender changed his name to Back 40 Tree Rat and was on yesterday, responded to my email but did not sign in. If he does this again, I will replace him. No use not having participants who don't participate.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Rob I was going to ask you how long we wait on no shows. Thanks for staying on top of it!!

Oh and by the way that pic of you shooting your bow on cruches does not seem like your listening to your docs!!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ILL BUCK

Rob I was going to ask you how long we wait on no shows. Thanks for staying on top of it!!

Oh and by the way that pic of you shooting your bow on cruches does not seem like your listening to your docs!!
I'm looking at replacing mias this next week...and

I call that therapy!.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 AM

I feel bad youre thread is todays winner of the team with the least amount of Posts.

I know that The Lungbusters are going to easily win this competition but c-mon guys lets put some more smack into your talk Here is a free bump for ya

2007/2008 Champs OUt
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 AM

Anybody volunteer for the cat. job?

Just to get started I will post the three bucks from last years gun season. These were killed by my tow buds and me. 2 of the three came in to bow range during gun season. Thats how it usually works.

BTW the one with me is a total arm stretched hero shot, we were messin around and it is the only pic I have.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:40 AM

this is me

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.