Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM

Default RE: 15-Official Team 15 Thread

Thanks Ryan!! You too..

Not sure if I'll be up at Troys this year or not. Hoping to bag a nice mulie I've been keeping my eye on in my country. If I get an Idaho tag, then I can hunt the other side of the river from me and have 2 chances :-).

Long bow is going OK. I'm still not 100% sure if it will be the weapon of choice this year or not. But, I want it to be. How bout you??

Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 PM

Boone...

I'll be hunting primarily Mule Deer, so I have to bag a good one thanks to the reduction I get on the scoring here.

-Scott
Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM

I've seen in the past where teams go all out with a team name and even hats and t-shirts with logo's.

I'm thinking "Mean 15" or something???
Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

Man we need a name team!! Just a few off the top off my head.

IN RUT
SWEET NOVEMBER
COME NOVEMBER
BBD (BIG BUCK DOWN)

Old 08-14-2007, 02:15 PM

I'll try to help come up with something for a name.

I hunt central Illinois. I have access to 500+- acres to myself and a buddy. Together we have taken some great deer off the land the last couple years. I will try to post some pics. Myself,I am the lucky/unlucky of the group. I get to sit in the woods the whole month of nov. I usually get at least one shot at a bruiser. Thats the lucky part. I have missed 3 bruisers in the last three years. I consider myself a capable bow shot inside 30 yards. I practice a lot. But, come crunch time I must get the yips because I've had some slam dunk shots and miss every time. Funny thing is, I have never missed until 3 years ago.

Last year was the worst, I shot a doe at 15 yrds qu away--heart shot. 2 min later a buck comes in and stops exactly where the doe stood. MISSED. The deer I have missed would ave. 140 or so.

I hope we win. So far I have been on a second place deer team and second place turkey team.

Good Luck Everybody
Hope I can contribute.
RBBH
Old 08-14-2007, 06:49 PM

RBBH-

I hear you on the unlucky part. I'm one of them that if it is going to go wrong, then it will. Murphy always seems to accompany me on my hunts. Everything from dew in my peepsite tonoisey cable guides to arrows reflecting off unseen branches. But the archery Gods have blessed me from time to time as well.

I huntmostly in September in open, brushy, spot and stalk situations for mule deer & elk. I'vespent hours in a belly crawl thru sagebrush to get a shot at a buck only to be ratted out by a doe. I havedone a bit of treestand hunting for whitetails, but nothing hard core yet. Most of my hunting is also on public ground, which means I need to get a mile or so off the beaten trail to get away from the crowds.

Due to the before mentioned mechanical problems, I bought a longbow and have been practicing up for this season. I'm eliminating the compound bow problems, but will be faced withhaving to get a lot closer for the shots.My primary goal will be elk, but I'll be in big mule deer country too, so hopefully get some good chances.

Names:
Team XV Buckbusters
Xtreme Venison
Fall Fifteen
XV Rackmasters
Antler Soup
BigBucks or Bust
The Triple Digits
Team XV Triple Digit Buck Busters
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trouthunter for president!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Scott, good luck to you guys over here and SEE YOU TOMORROW BUD! Antelope country here we come..
Old 08-15-2007, 10:00 PM

Hey guys, im am wondering what all you guys are looking to shoot this year. If you guys have anything special your waiting for. I myself am waiting for something around the 140" range and would like to hear from the rest of ya.I hunt on approx 1300 acres in central wisconsin. and I've been watching deer for the last month and got some nicedeer onvideo camera and a bunch on trail cam pics so its looking promising
Old 08-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Wi too. The Portage/Wi Dells area, only 60ac but all thick river bottom.

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.