Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread >

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Shot a doe on the 14th. I've seen a couple of nice bucks and a bunch of little ones. Next week should be good!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Fork Horn

I finally got my doe taken care of this weekend.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice picture. looks like you have a heck of a hunting spot.

I saw 4 does last night and a couple on saturday. still no bucks.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 AM

Good job.

Ive seen a couple shooters so far this year. Just can't get them to come close enough. Seen 12 deer last night. I start my vacation nov 3rd. I have the month of november off to sit in a treestand. We'll see what happens.

Good luck guys.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Ill Buck-

That is a healthy looking doe. Where I'm at we only get one general deer tag, so a buck is usually on the order until the last day of the hunt. I personally would like to see more of my fellow hunters take does rather than the small, immature bucks that get targeted heavily, but killing a doe just isn't "manly" enough or something. These same fellas are then heard complaining that there are no mature bucks to hunt anymore. Imagine that. For that same reason I usually will pass on immature bucks, then end up eating tag soup at the end of the season.

Anyways, I've taken October off, as this is the main rifle season in Idaho/Oregon. It's actually an "any weapon" hunt, but I'm waiting until November when the rut is on. I also have my "old standby" option in December at my cousins place in Northern Idaho. He usually has very well placed stands where I can at least fill a tag. Want to meet him?? Check out his journal entry called "Back In The Saddle" from the feild journals on this site. He bagged a nice buck last week, with a great story to boot.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you guys this season! Cuz.... I can't promise any giantsbut when you come up we'll have a great time and with a little help from above..we'll get you on a good buck.. unless of course you get one down around Meadows or Riggins.. Hope I can come down in two weeks to help out..I think I might beable too..after talking to the queen tonight..

ILL BUCK..beauty of a doe and great photo..congrats!

Troy
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Cuz... Thanks.. I'm hoping a trip up your way in December is just to deliver my buck to you to take to your taxidermist

My main goal in December is to spend time with you and your family, maybe get that shed wired up..If I get to a stand a couple times, then so be it.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Well tonight I shot about a 130 in. deer. I shot him at 20 yds. and as the arrow was on its way so was the buck, it ducked and I hit it high, real high. I found first blood and pulled out of there right away. I will be in there tomorrow morning so please pray that I find it, and wish me luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

sport4 - hope you find him. let us know.

I hunted the camp ripley hunt yestarday. that place is 54000 acres, just infested with mature bucks. i saw 9 deer on saturday, one nice buck but he was on the move and too far. my buddy shot a really big doe this morning. I had to come home to work.anyway, that probably is about the end of my bow hunting this year. season goes till the end of december but firearms and muzzleloader take up a good portion of that. then i can't hunt december. so, count me for a big 0 this year guys. later...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a nice fat doe on Sat. for the freezer. Had to hang a new stand as the patterns have changed since the corn came down, but I got it done. Hey Sport I hope you find that buck! Sorry, but I don't bother with the camera for does. Going back out for Nov 9-12,new moon pre-rut/rut should be exciting.

Quick Reply: 15-Official Team KILLIN KREW Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.