Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread >

11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

WOOHOOOO!!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Dan, Way to go. It sounds as if this one was well earned. Congratulations. We'll be eager to see what he scores.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well team,

This has been one of the most frustrating but fun years in the woods I have ever had. The Season is no where near over, but the rut is quickly winding down. So far I've passed on a total of 5 different bucks. I honestly have seen a total of 5 doe this whole year. So that means from what I've seen this year, that the deer population in my woods is way down, and the buck to doe seems to be 1:1. Now, I haven't got out hunting NEARLY as much as previous years, you know because of school and everything. But I have been hunting a fair amount. With the freezing temps here, I may have to switch up my stratagies for the late season. I firmly believe that MOST of the deer on our property (400 acres) are in the HUGE tamarack swamp. It's a deer haven. There is one "hump" that is fairly accessable, and with the freeze, I may be able to sneak onto it. The outskirts of the swamp are full of sign but I do not think they are comming out until late (after shooting time). Getting to the hump, though tough (jumping deer/scent...etc.), just may be my key to success during the remainder of the season. Sorry I got long winded, basically thinking out loud, and I invite all of you to do the same. Good Luck.

Your Ever Trying Captain,
Kyle.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

...crickets....[:'(].....Hopefully everyone has been hunting too hard!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

[:'(]ppptttttt......I've been out there Cap'n. I haven't seen a shooter. [&:]That lil 6 point I passed earlieris looking pretty good about now. lol

I'll be out again on my next day off.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monie

[:'(]ppptttttt......I've been out there Cap'n. I haven't seen a shooter. [&:]That lil 6 point I passed earlieris looking pretty good about now. lol

I'll be out again on my next day off.
Thats what I like to hear, Monie. Keep at it! Wonder where all the rest of the team is, haven't heard from some since the first week!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

TEAM?[&o]
Old 12-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol...I'm still here...don't know about the other guys. Sunday, my buddy and I will head to southern Indiana for a state deer reduction hunt. Hopefully, I'll be able to connect with a monster! Shoot, I'd even take his little brother! lol

Have you seen anything?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I'm still here and still hunting. I'm not one for posting a whole bunch and I do stop by from time to time and read this post. Just really busy with everything and my mother has cancer and I am pretty much taking care of her needs and have been for a little over a year so I am busy more often than not. Just wanted to touch base and let you know I am still working for us. I got a good picture of a nice buck I have been seeing and I am going to try and post it here. I passed several smaller bucks during gun season here in Ohio last week so I could still get a chance at this guy. I hope this works, I haven't posted a picture on here in a few years. Here goes nothin'

Old 12-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

WOW ! it worked. kind of small but that is a 10 point. Kind of hard to tell but look at left side and you can see the crab claw out front and the other 2 plus brow tines. Nice tall rack, good spread on him, not really heavy but a shooter for sure. really even. I've seen him at 75 yrds in the day time and he is NICE ! ! ! but of course I couldn't take a shot with a bow at that range and didn't get to see him when I had a gun or he would be down. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you who haven't scored and congrats. to those who have. I'll check back and update ASAP.

John

Quick Reply: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.