Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread >

11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

How goes it everyone, we were too down too far on the SECOND page, not where the future champs should be. Whats Happenin?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

I'm taking my son out on Sunday afternoon using our pop-up blind. Man, I hope he gets some action. Good luck to everyone else.
My next time out will most likely be Nov 10.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

hi guys, it's been a while since i checked in. i have been out several times, just haven't killed anything yet. seen a few smaller bucks but i let them walk. hopefully the guys who gun hunt next to the land wi hunt will let them walk this year too. should do ok, have a stand in a great spot at the end of a water way cutting threw a corn field and it is like a highway to and from bedding area. corn is still up and getting ready to be cut so that is where i'll be all this weekend. trail cam shows at least 4 different bucks that are 140 class or better running this area so i should get a shot or 2 this weekend i hope. to change subject a little here is a link to EBAY where my buddy is selling one of his mounts from way back. really nice deer to say the least. he said it was just collecting dust. he didnt have this thing on the wall, he moved last year and never put anything back up . said his house is too small . but anyway i thought you might like to see a really nice buck .
[/align]http://cgi.ebay.com/Ohio-Buck-Whitetail-Deer-Shoulder-Mount-13-Pts-Antlers_W0QQitemZ190168272866QQihZ009QQcategoryZ71 126QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/align]
Old 11-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my refuge hunt was a bust. I saw a "spork" lol. He came right in to my grunts. He was more spike than fork. His spikes were about 10 inches and the little bitsy forks were about an inch each.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monie

Well, my refuge hunt was a bust. I saw a "spork" lol. He came right in to my grunts. He was more spike than fork. His spikes were about 10 inches and the little bitsy forks were about an inch each.
Almost Literally, Spork...hahahaha
Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Well Monie, too bad you didn't get the big one on the refuge hunt. I read somewhere else that you got a nice doe. Congrats on that one. There's still plenty of season time ahead and hopefully we'll start bringing in some more points for the team.
I took my 12 year old outthis pastSunday afternoon. He didn't get a chance to take a shot but we saw several deer which kept it exciting. We had a really big doe come out and was probably at 30 yards (20 yards is the limit for my son). It was too dark for a shot anyway. That was the biggest doe I think I have ever seen! It was a really good experience for him to see just how alert these things are.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KCMO Cityboy

Well Monie, too bad you didn't get the big one on the refuge hunt. I read somewhere else that you got a nice doe. Congrats on that one. There's still plenty of season time ahead and hopefully we'll start bringing in some more points for the team.
I took my 12 year old outthis pastSunday afternoon. He didn't get a chance to take a shot but we saw several deer which kept it exciting. We had a really big doe come out and was probably at 30 yards (20 yards is the limit for my son). It was too dark for a shot anyway. That was the biggest doe I think I have ever seen! It was a really good experience for him to see just how alert these things are.
glad you two had a good expieriance and time together in the woods. Nothing better.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Captain, my captain, what's news?

Have you been out? Have you seen anything?

Is school going ok?

The rut is just around the corner. I know well be "racking" up the points soon!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monie

Oh Captain, my captain, what's news?

Have you been out? Have you seen anything?

Is school going ok?

The rut is just around the corner. I know well be "racking" up the points soon!!!
Yes, I've been going out A LOT. Driving back and forth from school is not too bad hour and ten min. So I get out quite a bit even during the week with school. It's only an hour 10 min drive. But NOW day lights savings time, or "real" time I think it would be now is putting a damper on that a bit. I've been seeing a lot of bucks, I know, a "good" problem to have. But this time of year I like to hunt where the does are, but the thing is...I DON'T. I've seen I think 3 does on stand this season and prob 8 different bucks. All these bucks are forks, sixes, or basket rack 8's. I've drawn back on them most of them. But I KNOW there are big deer in my woods, I've seen them. Just have to find them now. Another thing thats screwy is the rifle season opened here in MN last sat. We have family hunting our property for one more weekend comming up and then they are out of here. No one has shot anything yet, but a lot of scent is out there now. I have a "honey" hole that only I know where it is. Its on a "hump" in the middle of a swamp. Should be a retreat for the pressured deer. I'm sitting there ALL day sat. Hopefully it pays of. Sorry that got so dang long. Bit of a rant. lol. GOOD LUCK!

edit: School is going good! I like my classes and professors a lot! Meeting with my advisor to get classes and discuss majors (even though I know that I want to be "when I grow up"
Old 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys just checkin in nothin yet but check out the buck on my trail camera. u can bet i will hunt this set up sat.

Quick Reply: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.