Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 1-Offical Team No Name Thread >

1-Offical Team No Name Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

1-Offical Team No Name Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 1-Offical Team No Name Thread

HNIJustin nice pic our season opens up this Sat never know what might walk by. Havent been on much but I'm sure we will all be talking alot soon when we compare stories good luck to all cant wait for Sat.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Spike

Texas season opens this Saturday. Lots of accorns out there. Should be the best year for horns in many a year. Hope to help the team, but I will be selective, so it may be awhile before I post a score.

Good luck to all!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't have to wait until you thwack one to post ya know. Feel free to chime in any time.

Our season starts on Monday, but I don't think I'll be able to hit the woods until next Saturday. I'm in no hurry though, it's still warm here, the bugs are still bad, the foliage is still thick, and the bucks aren't moving too much yet. I'm just gonna bide my time and save my energy for when it counts. Seems like too many years we all come out of the gate strong and by mid-November I'm dragging trying to get up early every morning.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Spike

Well the first weekend in Texas was hot (temp wise that is). Saturday first morning was 67° and calm wind. 7:30 am had three six points and a nice eight at 10 yards. All were last years fawns. I did have alot of fun with them, seeing if they would bust me. I drawed on them several times. Never caught me. Sunday drew a goose egg.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

Keep pluggin sid....just checkin in... I wont hunt till vacation the first 2 weeks of Nov. Hopefully, I'll get lucky.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 AM

Hey team,[/align][/align]Sorry for not checking in any sooner, I have been so busy with school, work, house/yard work and hanging out with my wife I have not had much time to chat with you all or scout. Here what I have been up to over the last 3 weeks.[/align][/align]Doe season started in certain areas 3 weeks ago, So I went out 9/15 and 9/22 for doe. On 9/15 saw some small does, but nothing in range. On 9/22 saw nothing. 9/22 was very hot. On 9/28 I went out scouting the day before the season opener 9/29. I walked around and saw about 11 deer, 2 of which were shooter bucks in my book. The only bad thing was there are no trees to set a stand in and no room really for a ground blind. I am going to figure something out. [/align][/align]This week I am going scouting a friends property, pretty excited about that. The temps for this weekend are going to be warm and by warm I mean in the 80's, so I may stay in this weekend and work on home work. [/align][/align]Hope you all are having a good season. Can't wait till the temps cool off.[/align][/align]Justin [/align]
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's nice to see some more faces around this thread! I hope everyone is ready for a great season, because it's coming fast! It seems like just yesterday last year was ending and the seemingly endless off season was here, and now it's time to go out again!

Our season started today, but like I said it could be a few days before I get out anywhere. I have a pretty heavy work load all week, but my first trip to Pike County is planned for this weekend. It's supposed to be raining, but that's not gonna stop me.

Other than that, been getting a few smaller bucks on the trail cam but nothing huge. I relocated it yesterday to a different part of the farm, hoping to see some bigger bucks. I'm crossing my fingers and we'll see what happens. I'm really just waiting for some scrapes to start opening up and then I'll re-set my cameras over them.

Good luck everyone, and make sure you keep us posted!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I didnt really get a chance to tap in with my first day adventures but im sure you read the post from Rob on our great 1st day. Gimp and I were just happy to be sittin high and smiling that it is archery season and my good old boy is in a tree. I had some nice action happening in the eveningI passed on a 5 point either a large yr and a half or a smaller 2.5 yr old 6 does and a 1.5 yr old 4 point all of them were in my round house of 10yards or less I hope the big one will follow there lead. I will keep you all up dated. Good luck fellows.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Less than two days until I'm finally getting back in the saddle - I can't WAIT! I was playing it cool at first but the more people I see whacking deer and the more days that go by here in IL with the season open and me not being out, the harder it becomes to think about anything else.

Unfortunately we've got some HOT temps rolling in this weekend, but I guess that's just life. I'm really thinking about setting up over a pond on the property we're hunting for Saturday afternoon. Temps are supposed to be in the 90's and I have a feeling the deer are gonna be pretty thirsty. Given the lack of rainfall in Central IL most of the creeks are pretty dry, so who knows - it just might work!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, just got back from my first weekend hunting a new property in Pike County, IL. The weather SUCKED as it was hotter than blazes so deer movement was at a minimum but we did manage to get close to a beauty this morning. A little too far for a shot and straight downwind, but he never spooked so we're hoping to get another look at him in two weeks when we go back.

In the meantime we've got a cold front moving in on Monday night, so I'm gonna try for a Tuesday afternoon hunt. We'll see what happens!

Quick Reply: 1-Offical Team No Name Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.