Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 36 Official Team PassThru Thread >

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Default RE: 36 Official Team 36 Thread

Horrible weather here. Hope to make it out tomorrow but with 20+mph winds I don't know if I'll see much.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Supposed to be windy here tomorrow and still some rain for tonight. I will still be going out as I think the rain is supposed to stop late afternoon. Good luck to all you that are getting out. Sorry to hear the Dakotas are so flooded. We got our floods here back in August.

Pheasants are fun to hunt. Not sure about guiding them though. I have not been pheasant hunting in years. Since my Dad purchased our 80 acres I pretty much do all my hunting there. With a nice cabin and out building we built it is hard to go anywhere else.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

weather is finally changing for the better here! i went out tonight in very windy conditions to a different property than usual but didn't see anything. we have a chance of rain tomorrow then cloudy skies for the rest of the week with the high being 62 and the lows in the upper 30s. its finally starting to cool off. i also just learned i may have a new piece of property to hunt. (thank god for having a lone wolf climber) i will try to get out wed thurs and fri this week as long as the wind stops.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still no luk here either....This pheasant guiding is getting in the way of deer hunting [:@]
Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck with the bow this weekend. I sat Friday night and Saturday and Sunday mornings. I went and joined the gun hunters on Saturday night. I wanted to be sure to have a couple more buck tags before this coming weekend and the start of the rut. Well I dropped two more does so now I have 3 buck tags good for this year OR next year. If (God willing) I was to even get a chance at 2 big bucks this fall I will still have a buck tag to start next season with. I did not have that this year.

So now it is bow only and I hope things will be rocking hard with the cooler weather we will be getting. Also I will be out this weekend 26-28 and then Oct. 31-Nov. 6.I won't be reporting much in that time so don't think I forgot about you all.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Finally got out on Saturday, it was probably the last hot day of the year. Scared a buck getting into my stand. I assume it was a buck it was alone and the huge scrapes that were around my stand. These scrapes looked like somebody dumped some mineral on the ground. Didn't see a deer after that. Did get a shot at a turkey though. So it wasn't a day lost by any means. I'll be out all this weekend. Good luck everybody on Team 36.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Well guys, good news and bad news. I shot my first ever deer this morning, not just any deer a fairly nice 8 pointer. The bad news is in the rush of it all and the adrenaline the last thing on my mind was take a picture with me the deer and my bow for the contest. Here is the picture I do have with the three necessary items. If the deer is not counted, no big deal I shot this deer for myself and just didn't think to take a picture. I double lunged him and he only ran about 70 yards!!! Enjoy.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go redram! Hope he counts for the contest, I'm kinda doubting it since he isn't fully intacted.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM

If this deer doesn't count and I shoot another will the next deer count?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

That is one fine buck for your very first archery deer redram. Why would this one not count??

Quick Reply: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.