Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 36 Official Team PassThru Thread >

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 36 Official Team 36 Thread

Nice doe there. Congrats on a great shot.

Well I got out all weekend (even in the rain) but no bucks. I got to think they will start running soon but we will see. A few doe are still running around but I am not seeing the numbers of deer I have in the past.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the compliments. i went out last night but did not have any shots. i only saw two does. i may get out tomorrow night, but i will be hunting for sure wednesday and friday afternoons, and also thursday morning and afternoon. changing up the plans a little and taking a climber to a different property at least one of the afternoons. should have the best chance at a shooter buck there... how is everyone else doing?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Of course, I finally plan to get out there this Saturday and the weather is supposed to be almost 80 degrees. Oh well, I think I'm going to head to another spot then and save my honey hole for the rut and temp's drop. I really only hunt two spots and they are 70 miles apart. Good hunting on both. Its hard for me to not get out there but I think staying out of an area for when the time is right is the best move. I'll take quality hunts over quanity hunts anyday especially since I don't have any bucks patterned.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

Of course, I finally plan to get out there this Saturday and the weather is supposed to be almost 80 degrees. Oh well, I think I'm going to head to another spot then and save my honey hole for the rut and temp's drop. I really only hunt two spots and they are 70 miles apart. Good hunting on both. Its hard for me to not get out there but I think staying out of an area for when the time is right is the best move. I'll take quality hunts over quanity hunts anyday especially since I don't have any bucks patterned.
I agree with staying out for a while before the rut gets here. I have a couple of spots that I have not hunted yet and won't until Oct 26th. Then I will just go with the wind.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rattlesnake you out there? How are things going over in Sauk County. Pretty slow over by me but I am hoping things will start to pick up this weekend. Do you have a lot of gun hunters in your area that will be out this weekend?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM

Just checkin' in guys, focus has shifted to pheasants and waterfowl since I tagged out. Time to go after some does soon.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still buckless. Its been raining like 6 days non-stop here, everything looks like a lake. I start guiding pheasant hunters this weekend. Hopefully, in the AM tomorrow the wind will be cooperating and I'll get out.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:33 PM

I heare ya Rammer, same weather system is around here. Guiding pheasants - wanna be friends?

Just kidding, I am jealous though - I usually only get out 2-3 times per year for them (hunt just north of the ND/SD border) since I've gotta go over 100 miles to that area, and everything else I hunt is right around home. Fall is such a tough time of year: deer, upland and waterfowl. Too bad one of those couldn't be in the middle of summer, but oh well....
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, hope things are going good for ya, its been unseasonably warm here...

But I did take a doe tonight, its the early blackpowder season, so I figured I'd shoot a doe if I got an opportunity. Nothing big, but should be good eatin!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

deadstick - I hate pheasants! LOL I'm so tired of guiding them it isn't even funny. I had another outfitter try to hire me out to guide waterfowl this weekend, I just about did that instead. Its still raining here, it will be almost impossible to get around this weekend. I put a big set of Mud tires on my pickup yesterday, and I got the mud tires put on the 4 wheelers. Everything is under water. Still going to deer hunt in the mornings, hopefully will tag out soon, I'm tired of sitting in the rain! [:'(]

Quick Reply: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.