Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 36 Official Team PassThru Thread >

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Default RE: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Deadstick way to go congrats! it looks to me about a 135 score.Great job at least you can still hunt for does.Do you hunt any other states?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey DeadStick scoring has started. There are like 3 guys on the score thread already so whenever you get it done post it. Just remember for this we use gross score. That is a dandy buck so give him all the credit he is due. Don't over do it but get it as best you can. If you have a score sheet you should be all set. Congrats again. Go out and shoot some does to put more meat in the freezer and enjoy the rest of the season.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deadstick- Congrats on a great buck! Its great to be on the board! Id guess him round 130 gross...

Get him scored asap, cause you can enter him now... infact there are already 2 entries... Let me know if you need any help, and remember its the gross score that we care about.

again, awesome deer!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Congrats!!! Our opener is less than a month away and I couldn't be more excited to get out there. It's good to be on the board this early!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

.. infact there are already 2 entries...
I don't know why it reads 2, there are 3....the first one pse's doesn't register as a thread. I don't know why, perhaps it had something to do with deleting a post or two that didn't belong on the thread.

Fantastic deadstix, great deer and I look forward to the score and entering him.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rich how is that scoring coming? Did some checking and you WILL do and H4 measurement for BOTH sides. The sheet says if the side does not have a G4 then measure the H4 half way between the G3 and the tip of the main beam. Since one side does have a G4 you do that one just like the other H measurements. There is not an H5 however on that side. Also remember that you include ALL measurements for this contest. Do NOT subtract anything for it. If you have any questions email me or shoot me a PM. I know others on here will help as well. I just want to make sure you get it entered right.

Is there anyone else hunting yet? I have 10 more days. Got to shoota doe firstbut I am hoping to get out a lot early to make sure I get that taken care of.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Hey Rich how is that scoring coming? Did some checking and you WILL do and H4 measurement for BOTH sides. The sheet says if the side does not have a G4 then measure the H4 half way between the G3 and the tip of the main beam. Since one side does have a G4 you do that one just like the other H measurements. There is not an H5 however on that side. Also remember that you include ALL measurements for this contest. Do NOT subtract anything for it. If you have any questions email me or shoot me a PM. I know others on here will help as well. I just want to make sure you get it entered right.

Is there anyone else hunting yet? I have 10 more days. Got to shoota doe firstbut I am hoping to get out a lot early to make sure I get that taken care of.
It's entered, wow there's a difference between Contest Gross and true P&Y gross on a nontypical measured as a typical (counting that extra point). Do you know if, like the guy mentioned in my thread in the main forum on the score, I get to use the H4 measurements even though there's not a G4 on both sides (in true P&Y scoring, not contest)? If so, thisbuck's going to be REALLY close to making 125. I was as accurate as possible, but a true measurer may get it quite a bit different.

My last year's deer that made it, I measured him at 140 gross, 133 net. The actual measurer came up with 136 gross, 132 net and he was very accurate (over an hour to measure the deer, making sure he measured tine length exactly, got the very minimum H between the G's, etc...). So, hopefully I am close on this estimate as well.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:16 AM

Nice looking buck. Congrats on your early season knock down!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job deadstick!! Nothing like gettin us on the board nice and early!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey congrats on the nice buck!

Quick Reply: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.