Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 36 Official Team PassThru Thread >

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Did some scouting for about a half hour before dark. I have a lil honey hole less than a mile from my house I hiked into with spotting scope an binos to check out. Saw a really weird buck in there tonite. It was a typical 6x6 that was about 12-14" wide. Looked like it should have been a basket rack 4x4. Lots of points in a small rack, can't wait to watch him grow up. He appears to be a real young buck. Also saw 5 does and 3 fawns.

Next tuesday I am taking my Trykon in to the local dealer and having some new accessories put on it.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Did some scouting for about a half hour before dark. I have a lil honey hole less than a mile from my house I hiked into with spotting scope an binos to check out. Saw a really weird buck in there tonite. It was a typical 6x6 that was about 12-14" wide. Looked like it should have been a basket rack 4x4. Lots of points in a small rack, can't wait to watch him grow up. He appears to be a real young buck. Also saw 5 does and 3 fawns.

Next tuesday I am taking my Trykon in to the local dealer and having some new accessories put on it.
That will be cool for you to see him grow. If he is young with that many points you will have a great buck in a couple of years. I hope he makes it that long for you. Since we will keep winning this thing we will still be a team then.

It you are getting new stuff on the bow this late be sure you have some time to get adjusted to it. I played last year a little to close to the season and didn't really get it shooing the way I thought I should. I have the Tryktuned great now and just itchin to go.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I don't think its too late. I'm going to start flinging arrows everyday now, so I'll get her all dialed in. Might go shoot a 3D tourny Sunday.

I'm going with a new fall-away on my trykon, one that doesn't slap my riser.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Ed:

How's it looking for opening morning? With our temps the way they are.....if I shoot one....I'm retrieveing her pretty quickly. I likely won't chance a double.

Good luck to you, buddy.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

It you are getting new stuff on the bow this late be sure you have some time to get adjusted to it. I played last year a little to close to the season and didn't really get it shooing the way I thought I should. I have the Tryktuned great now and just itchin to go.
man thats weird my hoyt practically tuned itself

just wanted to drop in and see how everyone was doing. i just got done shootin the bow. i wont be on too much cause i spend my free time scouting or shooting but you guys can be sure that ill keep checkin in as much as i can. shoot straight
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I shot 60 arrows yesterday all between 33 and 40 yards at my new block. Theblock is pretty good target. I got the smallest pup because I figured if you can hit the smallest target then you should be doing fine...and the fact that it was still 99 dollars. Hope everyone is doing well and good luck.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Bow season here opens in 4 DAYS and 90 minutes! Scouted my big guy on Friday night, he's still there - hopefully the corn lasts until I get him (he's bedding in a corn field adjacent to my hunting area - I'm afraid he'll "move" when it's taken off in a couple months). He's got some decent relatives as well, though, not sure how patient I can be - I've got the fever worse this year than ever before.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deadstick

Bow season here opens in 4 DAYS and 90 minutes! Scouted my big guy on Friday night, he's still there - hopefully the corn lasts until I get him (he's bedding in a corn field adjacent to my hunting area - I'm afraid he'll "move" when it's taken off in a couple months). He's got some decent relatives as well, though, not sure how patient I can be - I've got the fever worse this year than ever before.
19 days for me. Why you worried about the corn and where he will be in a couple of months. I think there is a major cold front in his future. Like your FREEZER. How many tags are you allowed? I hope more then one. I have been spoiled that way as we are unlimited. I don't know that I could hunt with just one any more. I like to know I can get some meat and still keep hunting.

Drummer I agree you should be ok if you can hit the smaller target. Are you using field tips or broad heads in the block?

Shootem the Hoyt did shoot great I just always tweek and then gets things out of whack some. Spend lots of time trying to get it just perfect. Tinkering is half the fun for me.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, glad to hear things are getting close..

I spent the weekend planting food plots at our place in VA so it will be ready by opening day in oct. hopefully though, I'll score here in MD before then, season opens in two weeks and 4 days!! cant wait!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot mostly field points and will throw in a couple of broadheads here and there. Starting in October Iswitch to completely to broadheads. Many say that you should shoot with what you hunt and for the most part I think this is true but you can work on many things such as your form and release usingfield points.I just can't bring myself to shoot 50 times at my target with broadheads.I'm not worried though, I'm pretty much money!

Quick Reply: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.