Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 36 Official Team PassThru Thread >

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Default RE: 36 Official Team 36 Thread

The weather has finally let up here as well. I went out tonight and saw 9 does but no shots. Wil hopefully be going out tomorrow morning. Whats everyone else up to?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Matt (my son) will be home on the night of Oct. 30th. The Navy approved his leave. He has to head back on Nov. 7th but at least we will get some time to hunt during the rut. He is pretty excited but I think I am more. Hunting is great but it is more fun him out there. We always have a good time. It will also mean I will get more time off during the rut as my boss will have no problem ok'ing the time since Matt is here.

Well I will be heading out this weekend. Still will slam a doe if a nice one comes by. We have to earn our bucks and any does we shoot will give us a buck tag good for this year OR next year. I want to make sure I have a buck tag to start next season. I will shoot up to 2 more does this year if I get the chance.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't checked in in a while. Still haven't went hunting. The weather just broke and we are seeing 30's in the morning. I did check out my area a couple of weeks ago and boy the bucks have tore up lots of trees we've planted in the past couple of years. I plan to get out the 20th of October pretty hard and then the next Saturday after that. All in all, I should get in roughly 8 hunts before rifle season starts. Booooo! I wish sometimes there wasn't a rifle season!Hopefully we'll all have a nice buck before too long!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

You haven't been out yet? Ouch. I know the heat does suck. I also know what you mean about the rifle hunting. I still go opening weekend with my Dad because that is the only time he hunts. He bought me a new rifle when we got the land back in '01 so I still take that out. Where I am at we have a 4 day gun hunt coming up the 18th - 21st this month. I have to wear orange to bow hunt then. It really does put the deer on alert but I hope they will forget all that when the rut starts.

Good luck team.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning and got caught without my bow in my hand It was 26 degrees this morning and overcast, and I couldn't find my gloves when I got out of my pikcup to hunt this morning. So I got caught without my bow in my hand when a brute of a 5x5 appeared at 22 yards at a scrape. Hopefully, in the morning he makes the same mistake, only this time I won't make a mistake.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

went out again for the third timeof theyear this morning. shot another doe. only saw one buck, a 4 pointer. still looking for the big boy. will be going out tomorrow morning hopefully. still need to whack 3 more does. good luck everyone.

-oh and i will put up a picture later tonight or tomorrow. (took one just for you guys)
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Hurry up with those pictures Nick. I'll be headed out tomorrow morning, good luck!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

went out again for the third timeof theyear this morning. shot another doe. only saw one buck, a 4 pointer. still looking for the big boy. will be going out tomorrow morning hopefully. still need to whack 3 more does. good luck everyone.

-oh and i will put up a picture later tonight or tomorrow. (took one just for you guys)
Congrats on the doe. I look forward to seeing the pics. I will be on stand tonight and all weekend. I will check back in on Monday and let you all know how I do.

Rammer bummer about getting caught without the bow. That is just the way bow hunting goes. Too bad you didn't hear him coming in. Amazing how quiet they can walk sometimes.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

theres the pic from the one on thursday. i will be getting out for just two hours tomorrow night. will report back soon. good luck everyone.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Congrats Nick, did you end up going out tonight?

Quick Reply: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.