HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   36 Official Team PassThru Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201724-36-official-team-passthru-thread.html)

HuntingEd 08-11-2007 05:48 PM

RE: 36 Official Team 36 Thread

awww thanks guys, now I dont feel so lonely[8D]

Im not worried, the rest of the guys will be here soon... I sent out emails letting everyone know...

wihunter402 08-13-2007 07:17 AM

WOW. Still only the 2 of us. I thought I would get to work today and see that most of the team had checked in.

deadstick 08-13-2007 08:24 AM

I'm here, just got back into town from a work trip. Bad news is my early season buck changed his pattern the past 10 days so I'm scrambling right now. Our season here in ND opens 2 weeks from Friday and I had this guy patterned to a "T" until the past week.

wihunter402 08-13-2007 08:34 AM

Glad to have you on board deadstick. Don't get to scrambled. You have time. So you get to start on the 31st. Damn that is NICE. We start Sept. 15th and we are earn-a-buck. That is the bad news. Good news is that we can earn ALL the bucks we want. We have UNLIMITED doe tags and for every doe we get a buck tag. Guess in reality that is bad news too. I will be after 2 or 3 does right off the bat and then I will be looking for bucks. Our rule in camp is that you can take any buck for the first one but any after that MUST be big or let them walk. Last year I shot a small (3 point) Velvet buck because in 25 years of bow hunting I had never had a chance at a Velvet buck. It did not do much for the team but I was very proud of it. So unless something goofy comes by early I will still be looking for a decent buck before all else. I have not seen any real monsters out where I hunt as the CWD kill all attitude of the DNR does hurt the chances of bucks getting old. The was I see it is if we all shoot 80 inch bucks we will win this anyway. Good luck to all.

Shootem up870 08-13-2007 02:52 PM

checking in guys. good luck everyone.

HuntingEd 08-13-2007 03:43 PM

Glad to see some more checkin in, welcome aboard...

I just started a new job today so I wont be on as much during the day...

RattleSnake1 08-13-2007 06:51 PM

Hi ya'll I'm here!

HuntingEd 08-13-2007 06:52 PM

Since not many have checked in yet and no one else has spoken up, I'll volunteer to be team captain for us. (I was a captain last year)... If anyone else wants to be captain please speak up soon or Let me know if ya'll are alright we/ me being captain...

Here are some team name ideas I came up w/:

"The Spooners" (for those of you familiar w/ our bowhunting family)

"Team Natty Bumppo" ....Getting a little literary aka.. the Deerslayer.

"Team Passthru"

"Team Drawback"

"101st Treeborne"

Or anything else you guys can come up w/

wihunter402 08-13-2007 07:10 PM

Welcome to the new guys. Ed you have my vote as captain. Sorry you won't be on as much during the day. Will you still have vacation time for the season?? I hope so.

Not sure about the names. I have not followed all the spooning things but I am sure that no one else will be doing that.

redramtough 08-14-2007 10:17 AM

I'm checking in, this is my first time in the contest so I'm pumped to see what it's all about.