Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

I can't take it. My dad has called three times this week. The monster that I missed has been out in the picked cornfield everyday. This morning he was with 8 does and fawns. He had his nose to the ground and was running all over. All my dad can do is watch because his tag is not good until the 17th. This pig will go 160" for sure. I haven't got the score on my deer, the taxidermist is working for an outfitter but as soon as he gets home he is going to e-mail me the score sheet.

Sorry it is taking so long.
Pete
Old 11-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

I'm down to, this afternoon, mon, and tues for the area I have been hunting, then gun season opens, andthe state of CTboots the bowhunters off the state gun huntingland for 30 days! I can still hunt till Dec 31, but the closestspot,that allowsarchery, is about an hour away!
I haven't even filled my freezer yet, so my standards are dropping fast! I've had chances at a 1.5 spike, a 1.5 fork, and the 3.5 half rack 4pt, and a couple fawns! I don't know if they will get the free pass next week!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Vikes, I hear ya! I still havnt filled my freezer either. I have until December 31st, but the 2 weekends around Thanksgiving are out for me, and onceChristmas hits, I am pretty much done. I have all this weekend, and next weekend to hunt, but I am sure not seeing much action. I sure wish the wind would change from a South wind to a North wind.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Just got word from the "TheCastle" back in MN, the gang took 11 deer the first week of MNgun season! My little brother got a 240# 10 point with 24" inside spread!I can't wait to see some pictures of it!! Probabaly not until after season, but I'll post em when I get em!!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Just bought ticket to head back to MN for the holidays! I'm bringing my bow!
It's late Dec(19-29), but ya never know! Iknow the deer in my back yard at the shack better than anywhere, and I told my brother toscout me a bruiser,so I think my chances are good!!I'll be able to make it out at least a few days!

I can't wait, it's been a few years since I bowhunted hunted in MN!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

If you have any extra time on your hands you should check out www.magnumsports.com it is a website for a local regestration station where I hunt in SE MN. There our some very nice deer most ofwhich were taken in the area. There are a couple of megagiants that were harvested by people that hunt very close to me.

Good Luck

I decided I am going to go hunting. I would still like to take one more doe with the bow. Our family of four will eat about 2 to 3 deer a year, so nothing gets wasted.

Fling'em and Sting'em!!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 PM

Peter, you gotta get your buck measurements up on the scoring page. We neeed an ego boost! [8D]
Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, I am just bumbed. I shot a nice 7 point Thursday afternoon at 2:30, but I think hew lived to see another day. Something went wrong when I shot, and I ended up hitting him in hte left hip bone, only got 4" of penetration. Time is running out for me fast. Went out this morning, and I will be going out this evening, but unless I have the chance at a slam dunk shot, I wont be taking any, becouse I have to get up early in the morning and drive to North Dakota to pick up my son. He will be here for a week over Thanksgiving, so next weekend will probably be out for me too, I will have to take him back on Sunday. Then the next weekend is my wifes work Christmas party, so I will hunt saturday morning, and Sunday evening.And then throw in a day or two for Cristmas shopping, that dont leave but 6 or so more sits for me.[:@]

Come on Peter, lets get that deer of yours in the score card!!! How much tiime do you all have left to hunt?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Hello teamates I just returned from a hunting honeymoon in Illinois.Where I found us some points to add to the score board. i just wanted to check in and see how all where going. the deer isnt the biggest but its points. I will post story in a bit I am back to work now Errrrhhhhh!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Rich! Nice deer!! Can't wait to here the story!!

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.