Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Congrats Pops, that is a nice deer. Its nice to see someone having some luck. I havnt seen a deer in my last 4 sits.[:@]
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work Denny!! Congrats

Things are finally starting to heat up here in CT!! I've been out alot, but been mostly seeing does!!! I have my next two weeks planned as 6 hour workdays, so I can hunt either the am or pm every day!!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. The antlers are at my Dad's, he took it home to butcher it because we had a halloween party going on at our house that night. That would have been a site in the garage. haha. Should have a score this weekend.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Had my first buck,up close, this year, this morning!! The ground is all tore up on this ridge I've been hunting, so I brought the Tinks with me this morning! Just at shooting light I blew a half dozen doe bleats, about 5 minutes later I here the familiar crunch of leaves behind me! I turn around to see a decent half rack! He had 4 points on the one side, and the other was broke off right at the skull!! The g2 was about 8 inches long, and he was just about even with his ear. He came right in down wind of me and at about 15 yds he winded me. He blew and turned and bounded a couple times and stopped perfectly broadside at 20 yds! Head behind a tree and everything! He sat there and studied the terrain for about 3 minutes, then he circled me never getting more than about 30 yds! He walked right over and took a big whiff of my scent wick loaded with Tinks!! He was within 30 yds for about 15 minutes. He just stood thereby my scent wick looking around trying to find the doe! He finally gave up and slowly walked away!
Had he had both sides of his rack I would have taken him for sure!!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 AM

good job pops we need a couple more just like that for the team!~
Old 11-03-2007, 05:36 PM

I've been hunting as much as possible lately and the action is starting to pickup! Today i saw 7 different bucks and to top it off the biggest was a beautiful white racked 10 point that is pushing 160. Came out of nowhere and wondered all over, just not close enough to my stand.[:@] 62 yards was the closest i ranged him. I have no trail cam pics of this deer and none of the neighbors have mentioned anything so shhhhhhhhhh! I am not gona be able to sleep untl i see him again. lol
Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 AM

Hey guys I sat again last night and passed up a seven pointer that was bigger than the eight I shot, but not quite what I'm looking for with my last tag godd luck and go get em team 25!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

hey pred i know how you feel i hunted saturday afternoon from 2 til 6 15 only seen a small buck chaseing a doe but today my dad said he seen a nice 8 where i hunt he does not hunt so i cant really know how nice it was if he thinks anybuck looks big lol anywa i went and graped my cam and there was pics of him and another monster both i have never seen b4 so ill be hunting hard this week if i get off work early enough b4 darki f not ill have to do it saturday for our last day of the first bow season of the year but i have a feeling it might be my week now that things are picking up ill have a chance at my first ever deer and i decided not to go rifle hunting this year becuase i really want my first buck to be with a bow and rifle just does not seem to be as fun lol anywa pics are on the trial cam forum under PA bucks check em out i do have pics of bigger ones tho but i dont hunt where i got the pics so i dident post those ones but the ones i posted are right under my stand about a 15 yard shot
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I entered my buck so we should be getting some points soon. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

It's offical!!!!!
The best time to be in the woods is at the same time as the gun hunters. Saturday was the best and worst hunting day of my life. The full story would take up about five pages on the forum. I'll give you guys the short version. Bad news first, I missed a 160" to 170" buck "absolute pig". Good news,I shot a massive 10pt. should score around 140. Also closed the deal with a high 120" 9pt. My uncleearlier took a 120" 8pt. WALL HANGERS EVERYWHERE! In the woods only 4 hours seen 7 bigboys.

Good luck to the team

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.