Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Acorns are everywhere, Predator it is so true about the ladder stands keeping you out there. I love being at 20' in a lock on it is so much easier to stand. I like to stand for 40 min and sit for maybe 10 and then right back up again.

Well good Luck to those of you getting out this weekend. I won't be out till wed morning in Pa.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

HEy guys, hows it going? Havnt been out in a while, but I wil be going out Sunday for most of the day. I myself like the laddet stands, I dont like heights, so I like the feeling of having something under me, and not just hanging out there. Plus, I'm not even 12' off the ground. I am thinking about going today to pick up another one.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone,
I am back from SD. The trip was great and I saw a lot of deer. The first night I shota buck that may have scored around 125". It was a 20 yd. shot from a 33' high stand. I hit him and he when straight down then got up and ran away. I found my arrow about 100yds. fromthe shot. There was not one spot of blood onthe arrow. Never heard of anything like it. On the last day Ihad 140" class deer at 41 yds. but could not get the shot off. Thebucks were really turning upthe heat the last few days. The last night we watched 6 big bucks fighting ina field. Next year we are going out a week later. Sorry I couldn't bring one home.

Good Luck Team

Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM

We'll I saw my first buck tonight and shot him down!I'll give you the story, I got to my stand about 3:30 sat for an hour or two with no action and then it started raining almost like a sleet and the deer came from everywhere to the bait (it's legal in the U.P of MI)so there is six doe in the pile when I see something coming from behind me a nice 8 point about 90 to 100 inches of horn I draw as he's under me and he gets to the bait and he's facing away from me!So I let my draw down and wait for my shot which seems to take half an hour,probably five minutes then he turns finally and I drive it right through both lungs and it stops in the opposite shoulder he runs about 50 to 60 yds stops turns to look back and drops like a sack of potatoes!!!Yahooooooo I'll have the pics on monday after work.We are on the board!!!!!!!!Go team 25!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work Andrew!! Can't wait to see some pics!!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Andrew!!! Way to get our team on hte boad.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

HEWWWW my fears of the no hitter are gone !! Thanks for putting us on the board.

I wish I felt more positive I have seen some BUCKS around but nothing on my property to talk about lots of doe's and there fawns..lets hope things change this weekend
Old 10-22-2007, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr October

HEWWWW my fears of the no hitter are gone !! Thanks for putting us on the board.
My thoughts exactly. Good job Andrew!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Igo tthe pic small enough to fit on here !!!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Andrew, did yu get that thing scored yet, so we can officialy be on the board? Cant wait to see the pictures.Went out on Sunday, and had a spike 10 yards in front of me, would have been a chip shot, but there was no way I ws going to take him when we are this close to the rut. Cant wait until this weekend, it will be the first weekend in a lomg time that I get to hunt as much as I want, and it sounds like it is going to be cold. I would think the bucks should be on the move by then. Go team.
On a side note, I have a guy that works for me that is on team 47, and they have 1 deer too, but it has been a week or better, and he still dont hae it scored yet. Its kind of fun here at work going back and forth with my buddy. Good Luck Everyone!!

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.