Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

ORIGINAL: wykoffwonder

Oh ya

Our team needs a dear like the Vikings need a quarterback!!

I know I know........
Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

As if we dont know how hot it is but Saturday Is the Bow opener in NY. It just isnt the same last year was cool but it was foggy and wet for most of the season. They are still moving I got deer on the camera from 7 am till 1130 rubs scrapes ect I just need to legally sit in the stand with bow in hand.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Headed out this morning but didn't see anything. Too hot. Supposed to hit a record today in PA. by the end of the week, we should be better, hopefully that buck will be back.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM

Hey fellas....I've only been out twice. One AM and one PM. Saw plenty of deer both times out, one small buck at 15 yards. I promised myself i wouldnt go againout until it cools off. No need to contaminate my hotpots. I have the week of NOV 5th off. It will be crunchtime soon!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

T-minus 48 hours to the big trip, SD. Temp. is looking great 60 for the high 37 for the low. I'am hoping for a 120" or bigger, andI will shot a doe before I shot a small buck. fling'em and sting'em boys!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boy, it sure is quiet in here.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I've been out every day this week with no success!

This after noon I had one of the better hunts I've had in awhile! I decided to do a little scouting, by way of still hunting! Ijumped a doe within the first 10 minutes. My first sighting this week!! After about 2 hours of looking for trees to climb, I went back to the area,I thought to be the best I'd seen, to mark a tree or two! After marking them I decided to still hunt my way out of the woods!! It was 3:45! As soon as I started again I spotted a doe at about 150yds! The wind was good, but she didn't seem to be heading my way, so I started stalking slowly! Hiding behind trees, only moving when the wind was blowing to help hide my motion, and help hide the crunch of the leaves under my boots! It was working, she had no idea I was there!! Slowly but surely I kept easing towards her! Aways trying to keep trees between us. I got to within about 20 yds, and was hiding behind a big oak when she decided to head my way! At 7 yards she stopped with her head behind a tree, perfectly broadside. I drew back and put the pin in the bread basket, and then noticed 2 branches about the size of my pinkie blocking my shot! She stood there, feeding,for about a minute. I'm thinking I'll get her when she steps from behind the tree! Only instead of walking the way she was headed, she turned straight towards me. I'm standing there drawn, going on about a minute and a halfnow! She puts her head down to feed, and I had to let my bow down, I was starting to shake! She didn't bolt, I was surprised she didn't see me!!About 20 seconds lateran acorn falls to the ground behind me, and she looked. BUSTED! She new something was wrong, but I don't think she new what, as she only ran about 50 yards, stopped looked back for a minute, and started feeding again. Had itnot been so late I may have tried again!!It was 5:50! It took me a little over 2 hours, to go 150 yds, but I ended up a mere 6 yds from her!

It was a dang fine doe too!! The best day I've had hunting in quite awhile, and I didn't even let an arrow loose!! That's what it's all about boys!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Well I will be heading up to upstate NY this afternoon till tuesday. the weather seems like it will be just right 50 high 34 low. Scouting last week I saw some scrapes (which I was a little surprised ) but hey at least I know the stand Is in the right spot. Hopefully I can get us on the board this weekend. You'll have a full report upon my return.

Stay safe and good hunting this weekend gents
Old 10-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great hunt Brad! Good Luck Richard, go get one for the team. I will be back out there this weekend, trying to do my part.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

I finally saw a buck today! It was about 100yds away, but I could still see rack! Not sure how big though!! I've seen 7 deer in the last 2 days, and 5 of them were within 25yds, but they never offered me the right shot! I have drawn my bow 3 times though!
Gl to all this weekend!!
Vikes

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.