Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

I GOT OUT THIS MORNING !!! Nothing major it was just nice to get out for a few hours. It is still so darn warm. I saw 2 doe but when the sun came up I was sitting 25 yrds from an unbelievable rub line only feet inside the tree line in route to a cut corn field. The rubs were high and they were on some nice size trees. CAN'T wait to get back out there~!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

I like the boot pads, on the way to the stand, then I use the canisters with the wicks at the stand! I've tried a bunch of different scents, but always end up going back to Tinks69. The biggest deer I ever shot came through the woods like a freight train, and stuck his nose right in my film container with Tinks in it! I've also shot a doe with her nose in a Tinks container! I usually don't start using scent until a week or 2 before the rut!

I've also had a "close" encounter with a deer because of the boot pads, and Tinks!! When gun hunting, I almost always still hunt.(spend enough time in a stand bow hunting). Well after a morning of beating the brush I find a downed log to sit on, with a tree to lean against! After about 15 minutes, just enough time for me to start to dose off, Ihere a little rustling behind me, only to turn and see a deer staring back at me, at about 3 feet!! I swear I saw my reflection in his eyes!! When he bolted, he nearly jumped right over me! Scared the %^&* out of me! I never even got a shot off! I just ducked out of his way!!! To this day I still laugh at myself, about that day, I reacted like a scared little girl!!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back from my evening hunt. Had one little 5 point playing games with me. I had so many chances to shoot him, but it was fun to just sit and watch him eat. Saw 8 more turkeys right after I got in my stand. Going out tomorrow right after lunch to do a little scouting, and hopefully move a couple of stands. I will sit tomorrow evening, but then I will be done until Sunday evening, we are going camping for the weekkend.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Made it out last night for about 45 minutes with my 4 year old son. Didn't see anything but still fun. Got up this am to get ready for work, and a beautiful 9 point was standing in the back. I got a couple minutes of video, I'll try to post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

why dident u shoot the 9 i seen nothing today
Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that I reviewed the video, I'm asking myself the same thing. I work out of my house but had to be in the office for several meetings today. So I saw this buck as I was dressed and packing up my computer to head into the office. I told my boss today, had I had a better look and realized yesterday morning that he bedded down right there, I never would have made the meetings.

Here are the pictures as promised...

Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW, that is one nice Buck! You had better keep an eye out for him to come around again. Well, I went out and moved another stand this morning, and did a little more scouting.I am leaving today for the weekend, we are going on our last camping trip for the year. I will hopefully be back on Sunday in time for me to hit the woods for the evening. Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

I went out last night, this morning = nothing, but too damn hottt!! I attempted to go out this evening, but after being in the stand for about 15 minutes, the wind changed, and I left!! It's so dang hot you sweat just sitting in the stand!

Supposed to stay hot all weekend, so I'm going fishing!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone,

I am leaving on the 12th for SD. It is a 10 day bowhunt and I am hoping to score for the team. Last year I saw alot of good bucks but couldn't close the deal. The weather is looking good for now, I hope the forcast is correct. Nice pics Pops I hope you bag him soon. I will be checking back in on the 22nd and I expect our team to have at least one deer in the books.

Good Luck to everyone
Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Oh ya

Our team needs a dear like the Vikings need a quarterback!!

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.