Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

no deer in pa today that moon relly messed thing up for alot of pa ppl lol
Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Havnt been out since Wednesday. Today is my first chance to get out since then, and we are having heavy thunderstorms all day. I am Pi$$ed!!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't been able to get outon the stand,but I have been seeing deer while driving around I actually saw two buckson two seperate roadways taking a nap in the service rd[:@](what a waste ).Iseen a few little buck fork horns in fields around town.I wont be able to get out till wed afternoon hopefully !!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

yea saturday was bad day for alot of ppl the moon messed things up but ill be out after work sometime this week i hope
Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I went out on Sunday, in hte pooring rain, and I saw a ton of deer. 1 little 4 point, 6 does right behind me in the corn, but when IO stood up to turn around, they busted me and wre gone. Then about 6:00, I saw a for sure shooter, (I think it was a 10 point) He came out about 80 yards away, and didnt come any closer. Then right before dark, I had a nice wide 6 point, an a little 5 point come out in the corn right behind me. I might have tried to shoot the 6 if I hadnt seen the 10 earlier. They both knew something was there, but they didnt know what I was. They didnt run off, but the 6 was blowing at me, and stomping, trying to get me to move. Went out again last night, and saw 2 does, and a little spiker. Going camping this weekend, so I am hoping to get out every night this week.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok boys, lets talk scents. What do yu guys use, when do you start using them, and how do you use them. Do you use a drag rag, and if yu do, what do you put on it. What do you use on scrapes, and what do you put on the licking branch.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry haven't posted, have been mowing food plots , scouting and shooting in preperation for the season. I'm heading out for the first time this coming weekend and if I get anything I will be sure to post. I've been seeing some big boys this year hoping to connect!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Ok boys, lets talk scents. What do yu guys use, when do you start using them, and how do you use them. Do you use a drag rag, and if yu do, what do you put on it. What do you use on scrapes, and what do you put on the licking branch.
Talking about scents this year I sprung for the Standing Doe from code blue. $36 ooouch. that I would use later in the season on a boot pad or drag. I like to use an active scrape scent with a dripper last year I missed a 7 point the last day of bow which was taken the next day by a friend of mine witht the rifle.

I saw a rub line today I cant believe cant wait to get a look at what was doing that to the trees.

I also saw what looked like a scrape i thought it might be a bit early espeacially with the warm weather.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, just got back from an evening hunt. Sat in my Ameristep Ground blind. I have to say I really do not like hunting from a blind at all. I would much rather be up in a tree, (even tho I am only up about 10' becouse I am afraid of heights). I didnt see any deer, but I did have 8 turkeys right out side my blind.Better go get my Turkey tag.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Well teamIt finally came, Oct 1st I got in my stand about 4:40 sat down and a doe came in about 20 yds in front of me then a fawn two more does and I sat till 7:15 (so nothing sees me get down and out) and never saw another deer!Man was I wet!It was worth It though just to get out was awsome!well good luck fellas go team 25 collect some bone! Oh by the way right now It's 9:40 pm in the U.P. and it's 62 degrees and pouring rain,and it's supposed to get warmer and keep raining.

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.