Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

it works great best cam i ever had no problems with it i just bought the infared i40 takes real nice pics but already have problems with it and it takes d battarys instead of the 6 volt like the gamespy
Old 08-26-2007, 06:49 PM

Thats why I didnt get the new one. I wanted to use the rechargeable six volts. I am checking http://chasingame.com/for a few reviews and thoughts on them. They say they like to be mounted at around 28" high and pointed slightly down for best range. Go figure.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of my scouting is done via the office window as my office looks onto the farm I hunt. I'm somewhat limited where I can get a ladder stand so I don't have to scout much. Keep in mind, I live in a residential neighborhood that borders this 20+ acre farm. Only a few people know I hunt back here and I don't care to make it well know. I'm well within the laws of PA hunting and I am not doing anything wrong, I just don't want to create a 'problem'.

This past summer, a new family moved in and now every morning, this woman takes her dog for a run thru the field. It's frustrating but technically, I can't say anything. She isn't on my property but she is really screwing me up. I'm fairly certain she never spoke to the landowner and asked for permission. I spent most of my hunting last season on early morning hunts from sunup until about 7:50 and then would climb down and be at work by 8 (I work out of the house.)

I'm not seeing the deer likeI was and when I do, they are usually spooked and trotting thru. School starts tomorrow, so I am hoping this ends the early morning walks. I guess time will tell.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? Just checking in, not much going on right now, so not much to write about. 19 DAYS and counting!!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

hey i know what u mean about the neighborhood hunting i hunt one spot about 8 acres of wood surrounded by house but what are u gonna do u kno its legal no laws broken so
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

I just got permission to hunt a 40 acre plot here in CT, and am the only one with said permission!!Never even seen the land other than mapquest yet!!! Now I have more to do!!! It looks good too. It is 1/4 mile in, and connected to 1,000's of acres of woods and farms!!! I just may have a new honey hole!!! There is even an old camper on it that I can fix up and sleep in if I want to!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

New properties to hunt is always a good thing. Let us know how it looks.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM

Sometimes a little digging can pay off big when it comes to getting permission to hunt somehwere.....prime example:

I own 200 wooded acres and got permission to hunt 30 adjoining acres. My wife couldnt figure out why i would want to hunt the 30 acres. It has been vacant for 15 years with no houses or anything on it and I knewit was an old apple orchard years ago. I also know that almost all the deer coming onto our land bed over there, but nobody knows who owns the place.Sooo, I went to the courthouse and found out the owner. Here it is somebody who I went to church with when I was little....he's been a family doctor for years, but hes not a very nice fella. My wife is a nurse and shes sees him quite a bit on the job so i had her ask him and sure enough, he'll let me hunt. Funny thing was he doesnt even know where the property corners are!!! Not only can i hunt, but he wants me to keep an eye on the place for him!!! Wish i had money to blow on a place i dont even use! I dobut I will hunt the place except for the rut when i like to hunt close to bedding in the morning but its anice addition.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

16 days!!!!!!!!!! It's getting close!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: vikesfan353

16 days!!!!!!!!!! It's getting close!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky dawg. One month. I try not to think about it til the last few days.....or else i cant sleep.

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.