Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread >

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

I know we are all stoked to get out there. I hope I have the oppurtunity to contribute to the team effort. I can't agree with Vikes more just getting out there for any amount of time for the next 3-4 months is what it's all about. A very close 2nd is talkin the POOH about the other teams. This is a hunting camp of the new day. (.COMhunting) New hunting partners to share stories about the field with.

I might be the luckiest man in this room because as addicted as I might be to the sport I bought my wife a bow at X-MAS, she started shooting and has become a very good shot. Icreated anothermonster. She booked us a trip this year to ILLINOIS (surprise for me).
Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the well wishes Brad!! And yes you are right, it is all about getting out there and having FUN!!! I dont put any more pressure on myself bcouse of this contest, but it will be nice to help out the team.I didnt start hunting with a bow until I was in my early 30's, ( hunted strictly with a shot gun before that)and the main reason I enjoy it so much, is becouse I lov the quiet time sitting in a tree. Its not so much about the kill. But dont get me wrong, I do everything in my power to harvest a deer every year.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree that's it's all about being out there. Watching the sunrise each morning is a special time for me.

If I see a buck that I want, I will take a shot, last year, I passed a few small 7's & 8's that I wanted to let grow. The property I hunt behind my house is for sale, so I may not be as selective this year, as if it's gone, there's no reason to let them grow.

I got another month until the Archery Buck season starts in PA and another few weeks before I get serious about hunting. The first 2 weeks rae typically warm and I see a lot of does and small bucks.Once mid October hits, I get serious and spend a lot of free time, include long lunch hours in the woods.

Good Luck guys.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Thanks for the well wishes Brad!! And yes you are right, it is all about getting out there and having FUN!!! I dont put any more pressure on myself bcouse of this contest, but it will be nice to help out the team.I didnt start hunting with a bow until I was in my early 30's, ( hunted strictly with a shot gun before that)and the main reason I enjoy it so much, is becouse I lov the quiet time sitting in a tree. Its not so much about the kill. But dont get me wrong, I do everything in my power to harvest a deer every year.
My mindset exactly. Morning hunts are the best for sure. I just bought a new trail camera overat acherytalk. Hopefully I'll start getting pics soon.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back from checking my stands. I moved one stand, trimmed some shooting lanes, and moved my ground blind. I bought anAmeristep Dog House blind 2 years ago, and I have only sat in it 2 times, I just dont like the limited visibility. I have never been able to figure out how to take it down, so I have just left it out there, so its not in the best shape, but I decided that this year I am going to sit in it more, even if it is only on bad weather days. NOt much going on other than that, went to the local dirt track races last night, any of you in to dirt track racing at all? I raced for about 6 years, in 3 different classes, but just didnt have the $$$$$ to compete, so I decided to hang it up. Have to say that I miss it a little, except when I see someone pulling out at the end of the night with a smashed up car.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I used to gowatch the races in Hibbing MN all the time, but it's been quit a few years since I've been to a race!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Glad everyone is so cheery, I just went to check out one of my stands. It's onprivate property and I'm the only one with permission to hunt there, so me and the bro in law, (fellow bow hunter) head out there and the friggin stand is GONE!!!!!!! mother scratcher hot supper cheese and rice and many other choice words and phrases.Last year I had one stolen about 100 yds from her dads uncles house,while he was HOME!!!!!! It sucks when a holes do that crap,wish there was a way to catch them.Oh well guess I'll just have to make natural blinds again go team 25!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

sry drizz who needs a stand anyway we gotta give them other teams some kind of break right? lol
Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

well guys im gonna shoot the bow today sight it in maybe go buy a new sight first yesterday i bough a new peep new bisquit and new quiver ill see what i like if anything its just been to hot to go out and shoot outside and ranges are always packed but anyway come on lets see some pics of deer boys get that blood pumping im also gonna check the trial cam today so ill let u kno whats on it if they got bone showing yet or not
Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 PM

Rob, how do like your moultrie game cam? I just bought that same model. I had the Moultrie 1.3 for a few years and it worked just fine over the feeder where it kept it most of the time.

Quick Reply: 25 Official Team The Bone Collectors Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.