Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Well, it's official now. That guy that I told you about that had annoyed me earlier in the year really is crazy. The press conference today shared that he confessed to having his employee shoot him in a sympathy play from his estranged wife. The game warden has told me to be careful. wow.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the game warden!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 PM

If its not bad enough we have to hunt along side, bad hunter,poachers,brush shooters,thief's and now CRAZY'S,,Whats next?Bro. watch your back!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Hey ya'll,
Sorry I havn't been posting much lately. Been doing alot of goose hunting lately. I did put a 3yr old 6pt buck and a mature doe in the freezer but they were taken with a shotgun. Still waiting for the big buck with the bow. Been seeing him in the front yard a couple of times but they have all been at night. He's a BIG 10. I'll be hunting at our club for ducks this weekend for the last time this year as the season winds down. It's been froze for the last 2 weekends and it finally is starting to open up.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Old 12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Killed my third doe today. Picked up #2 from the processor...just a trade. My 6 year old son was with me for the first time when I got one. He's hooked now.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Arj,
That's awesom. Keep the sport going man!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

good job man....killing anything 2foot?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Lots of geese right now.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a bucnh around here...well my Winter Break has begun..2 weeks of nonstop hunting!! thats the way I like it...I'm shooting whatever walks by!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey everybody Merry early Christmas!

Duck hunting has been pretty hot. Haven't shot the limit everyday, but haven't been shut out a single time either. Lots of big ducks. Blacks and mallards. Being picky and only shooting birds that finish and have the gear down with the head stuck out. Have killed right at/around 50 birds (just ducks) so far. The swamp collie himself (Dutch) is acting like a seasoned 6 year old rather than a glorified puppy who will be two on New Year's Eve. The girlfriend has been shooting decently, and the 12gauge she borrowed from my Dad kicked her off her dove stool in the marsh and into the drink on Thursday. It may well be the third funniest thing I have ever seen (following the crippled goose whose neck she didn't ring too well coming back to life and attacking her while she laid in the field.... and the clay birds she was trying too hard to hand throw and subsquently hit herself in the face.... with both of them). Thats why I love the girl you know

Just found my notes....total so far for the year:

89 doves (and I shot one shell more than 5 boxes of shells too boot... 89 for 126....I'm kinda proud of that... d'em dubs be quiiiiicccckkkk)
19 geese (resident canadians... early season)
22 green wing teal
2 bluebils (lesser)
1 pintail
1 black duck
1 scoter
1 gadwall
6 wood ducks
18 mallards

And as far as shell count goes for ducks.... I just bought box #4 tonight... and I still have one full box in the blind bag... but I did burn up about 25 odd shells early on.... so I figure its right around 52 for 75 or so. I may have shot three cripples but, mostly I use #7 target steel for that. So all in all, I think I am shooting pretty hot this year!

Dog hunters are all over our lease. Haven't been since the gun season opened. Apparently the warden has been around a few times issuing citations after being called by our fellow club members for having people tresspassing to hunt on our place. Not a fight I want to join in....

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.