Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Chasebaker: I've been hunting but no luck ,,its been real slow for me here in Oklahoma,,have'nt been seeing much...the owner of one place I hunt put cows on the land and it has really gotten bad,,, not as much sign deer only move at night now [:@]
Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all;

Been two weeks since I posted up. Really nothing exciting to write about. Shot a 100# slick head with a blackpowder gun last wednesday. Only bucks I have seen have been very small. Spikes, basket racks and junk like that. Lettin' lots and lots of bucks walk. Moved the trail cam two weeks ago and have some pretty neat pictures I'll get put up here in the next few days.

Deer movement has been slow. Haven't seen a shooter since late October. Duck season opened Saturday, and Tuesday AM is the first morning in the blind for me. Might try and pot a deer on Tues PM... but from here on out its waterfowl.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol...well guns gun season went by fast..missed a doe opening mouring...no luck saturday...one of the guys that hunts with us shot a 12pt. Nt typ. This mourning I shot a main frame 8. His right side normal but his left side was wider and it had a huge sticker off the back...followed blood for roughly 30yds and then it stopped...never found..still bound for a first buck...My uncles biggest deer was killed up there ..he scored 147".It was a 8pt.Well they said they seen a buck bigger than that..it was seened on the same ridge where my fav. moruning stand is.

Well I only have 2 days of school this week so I'll be bowhunting a bunch!! Good Luck guys.

also my computer crashed...I'm on my dads computer right now..won't be on as much!!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Well it has been a while since I have beeen on the team sight... I have been busy trying to complete a build out for my wifes business, manage my own career and hunt. I have not had the bow hunting time that I thought that I would have had this year as my projects have been self consuming. When I have bowhunted, I have seen nice deer just not ones that I wanted to take at that time. There are other much nicer around and I have seen but just not in the right spot at the right time. I did however have a successfull Elk trip in CO back in Late oct. I shot a nice 5 x 5 that will score in the 235 to 240 range. My first bull on public land. Self guided etc... It was a great experiance. I should have pulled a Mule deer tag but I chose not to for financial reasons. i would have had a nice 160 class mulie if that were the case. The good thing is that I had a friend with me that had a tag and i turned him onto the deer. Our rule is you spot it you get first choice if you want it or not.

Well I am looking forward to some additional hunting here in the next week as gun season opens up Saturday. I hope to bowhunt a few evenings between now and then.

Hope all is well with the team...

Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Hey fellas, I had a great vacation. I have not killed a deer yet though. I saw 3 more deerwhile I was bowhuntingon 11-5, 2 does and a 3-pt. On the weekends I've only been hunting with my son. I was however, with my wife when she killed a doe. It was one of those freak things that happen in the woods. I BUNCH of yellow-jackets decided mid-season that they would like to hang out in my wife's box stand. I went through 3 cans of spray and then pumped up a garden sprayer full of poison and sprayed the outside of her stand. I wasn't being quiet at all. I even took out her chair and other items. Then I took out the rug a beat it against the side of the stand to get the dead wasps off. Anyway, as I'm spraying the outside, I see her raise the rifle and click off the safety. I kneel down and hold my ears, she shoots free-handed at a doe 140 yards out. Absolutely a perfect shot. Doe went about 30 yards. That was on 11-10. I don't want her shooting at me, that's for sure.
The next morning, I sat with my son and my nephew in my wife's stand. Cliff notes version of this episode is----My son (7 yr old) missed the biggest buck that I have ever seen in my life. A true East Texas monster! He shot at 7:25am. After the shot my nephew asked me how many points I saw. I told him that I didn'teven count.My nephew said, "Well I counted 12!" I could tell that his rack was well outside its ears, had great mass and was pretty tall. I could barely breathe and I was only holding binos. I was just worried aboutmaking sure the buck was broadside before my son pulled the trigger. I looked until just after 5:00pm that evening. I never found a single shred of evidence that he hit the deer. I didn't sleep for two nights. I have since moved a climber into the area nearthis stand. I climbed a good-lookin tree, near a deer trail, the other day and after I got situated, I could clearly see 3 good scrapes with the furthest being 30 yards.

This past Sunday morning, my son shot his 1st hog. Almost 90 pounds. I'll have pics as soon as developed.

I'm hoping to get to bow hunt again soon, but I'm having a seriously good time hunting with my son.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

great Elk Lab...go get'um guys!!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job LabTX. sounds like you've had some good excitement. I was seeing some great deer movement last weekend durring last weekends gun season here. First thing last Friday I saw a doe running right up the driveway to my stand and then turn to the right and stop. Behind her was the WIDE ten that I've been looking at for two years. I put the cross hairs of the Benelli 20 ga on his shoulder at about 60 yrds. Then I noticed right in line with him was my neighbors bedroom window 200 yards away[:@]. I can't take that chance[:'(]. Waited to see if he would move to the right a little but he went left running into the heavy timber. Saw alot of movement but nothing worth while. Sat. I decided to shoot a big doe if I had the chance. Waited and passed on 2 of them. Then I saw a buck moving to my left and started to glass him. It was a 3 1/2 year old 6 pointer that I had some pics of from last year! His rack haden't gottenmuch bigger so I decided to cull him. 1 shot @ 60 yrds. and 10 ft. latter I had my first meat for the freezer!. Yesterday I was duck hunting and getting a sun tan when my wife called and said the big 10 was rubbing a tree 20 yards from my stand @ 4:00 p.m. Friday night!!! Going out now to see if I can redeem myself. Good luck guys.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

great job man!!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

lol...well guns gun season went by fast..missed a doe opening mouring...no luck saturday...one of the guys that hunts with us shot a 12pt. Nt typ. This mourning I shot a main frame 8. His right side normal but his left side was wider and it had a huge sticker off the back...followed blood for roughly 30yds and then it stopped...never found..still bound for a first buck...My uncles biggest deer was killed up there ..he scored 147".It was a 8pt.Well they said they seen a buck bigger than that..it was seened on the same ridge where my fav. moruning stand is.

Well I only have 2 days of school this week so I'll be bowhunting a bunch!! Good Luck guys.

also my computer crashed...I'm on my dads computer right now..won't be on as much!!

How many deer have you crippled up and lost this year bro? Good Lord isn't that like 4 now?!?!?!?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Hey fellas. I haven't seen much since gun season opened. On 11/17 I shot a doe with my muzzleloader and on 11/18 I shot a coyote with my shotgun. Since then I haven't seen a good deer to shoot at. On 11/17 I saw a pretty good buck but he came out in like the only area that I couldn't not shoot through. But hopefully I can get a shot at a good buck.

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.