Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread >

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Stay after it Chris! Who else is out? I took a quick 12 hour round trip drive to S. Dakota this past Sunday. I hung two stands for this coming weekend. I had littlehopes of hunt there, but it looks like I'll be able to sneak two weekends in. My plans to hunt Nebraska were changed. I'll be there forthree weekendsin December.

Talk to us Pa. boys, what's happening?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have not gone out hunting yet but I did walk my property on Saturday and Sunday (after painting all day) and saw about 12 deer each day in the same field (the back field from the pictures I posted). Mostly doe and one spike. Before the season started I saw a 6 point down along the creek but he had a very small rack.

I'm hoping when the rut starts all those does will bring out the big boys. Been seeing lots of turkeys as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

WELL IT FINALLY CAME AND WENT. I WAS OUT FOR SAT AM. I SAW 6 DOES AND A 3 POINT. DREW DOWN ON A DOE YEARLING 17/18 YARDS, BUT NOT BIG ENOUGH. SAT EVEENING TOOK MY SON OUT IN THE BLIND THAT MY KIDS GOT FOR ME AT CHRISTMAS. WELL I GOT BUSTED ON A DOE AND 2 YEARLINGS, EITHER I DIDN'T HAVE THE BLIND BRUSHED IN WELL ENOUGH OR I HAD TO MANY WINDOWS OPEN. I BELIEVE IT WAS THE WINDOWS. CHRIS JR HAD A GREAT TIME AND SAW DEER, THAT WAS THE BIG THING ANYWAY!!!!!

MONDAY I TOOK MY CLIMBER IN 12 YARDS AWAY FROM THE BLIND AND 2 YEARLINGS CAME WITHIN 5 YARDS TO CHK OUT THE BLIND. I HAD THE BUTTON BUCK AT FULLDRAW, I CONTROLED MY ICHY TRIGGER FINGER AND DID NOT SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER.

I'LL BE BACK OUT THURSDAY AFTERNOON TO DARK. ON MIDNIGHTERS AGAIN AND FAMILY FUNCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS GREAT TO BE UP IN A TREE AGAIN. IT JUST FELT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys for not updating you on mymonday eveninghunt earlier.I went outand saw between 15-20 does and fawns between 4:00 and 6:30. Well, about 6:35 the real action begin. I had two shooter bucks work their way into the cut field I was overlooking. Unfortunately, they entered the wrong corner and were about 30-40 yards out of range. I watched them feed together for about 5 mins. then before I knew it they went into a 15 min. sparring match. It wasn't easy sparring either they were pretty aggressive. This continued after dark so I waited until I could no longer hear their rattling antlers. Talk about excitement, I am still pumped. The bigger of the two bucks would score somewhere around 150-155 and the smaller buck was a 130 class 3.5 year old. Needless to say I can't wait to get back out there. Not sure if I will make it out again before the weekend... Maybe Thurday. Has anyone else seen any aggressive action yet. I couldn't believe it. Talk to you guys soon, I will keep you updated.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Herd, that's awesome, man. If I saw that a sick day might be in order .

Glad to see you, Mathews, and PA are all gettin' out there. I'll be in a tree Sat. morning (opening day). I haven't really scouted the area, though, so I'm just gonna pick a spot and hope for the best. Hopefully it's in the cards.

Anyway, good luck everyone. Hope to see some pictures soon .
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I am getting ready to head out in a few hours and brave this 90 degree weather we're having today.Bad thing is its supposed to be 90 through the weekend. Anyway, I will be hunting my "pond stand" this evening in hopes of a big boy coming down to quench his thirst. I will post when I get back. Wish me luck. later dudes.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I went out on Mon and Tues. Saw one tall, wide six pt at about 60 yds on Monday. On Tuesday saw six does and one nice 10 pt chasing a doe right under my stand but couldn't get him to stop. This was about 10:30 a.m. and I was very surprised that he was chasing does this early and during this heat. Plenty of season left. Plans to go out tomorrow to a new farm in Hancock County where there has been plenty of sign including a 10 pt shed found this spring. Going back to the eastern side of the state on Sunday thru Tuesday and try and locate that earlier 10 pt. Updates and hopefully pictures later!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you guys are seeing some great stuff out there. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing some of these boys on camera. Keep checking in. I love hearing the stories.

Things finally get started on Saturday here. Wish me luck!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I had no luck last night. Just too damn hot!!!! Not supposed to get any better for the weekend either. Supposed to be 90 all weekend. Oh well guess I just have to deal with it. I will be going out for morning and evening hunts both sat. and sun. I will keep you updated. Good luck to you guys that make it out this weekend.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Hey guys just checking in. So far I have only been able to get out for onedays hunting here in PA and that was opening day the 29th. I did manage to see 13 deer, And managed to sneak within 20yds of a bedded doe and her 2 fawns but couldn't get a shot at momma. It was a another interesting story where all I can say is thse deer including Momma doe just looked right through me in my Enigma camo. This doe spotted me moving and after I stopped moving she got very calm and as I snuck closer to her, she went back to cleaning herself and then went to bed down with her little ones. Its like she couldn't tell what was moving and figured it wasn't a threat and went about her business. Its so hard to type it and explain it. It is one of those things you just have to experience to understand it. I know yes this can happen with other camo, but this seems to happen much much more frequently since i've been wearing Enigma. Not a sales pitch guys just telling a story. Im sure Huck can back me up on this. I also had a very similar experience in the afternoon twice, once walking in and another walking out.

I am gonna try to get out more this week, I have just been so freaking busy with my regular job with I work 8am-5pm and then some nights I work at the local archery shop, or at the arena on the Penn State Campus working security at concerts and shows (Working the Stage at the Korn concert tomorrow night AKA the Mosh Pit.) and then I work security at the PSU home football games on saturday's. But I will be out there when the time is right come closer to november. Trust me its killing me not to be out there that much. I keep telling myself its too hot anyway. LOL it has been in the mid 80's here lately and it touched 90 today here, But we can't hunt sundays in PA anyway. Oh well enough of my aimless ramblings, Good luck to everyone, Talk to ya soon.
Chad

Quick Reply: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.