Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread >

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

ORIGINAL: live2hunt009

did you have to order them or did your pro shop carry them?
My proshop carries an assortment of modules for the bows that they sale. He just switched them out for me free of charge. Huck, sounds like you had a great hunt the other night. You are truly a great friend. Congrats to you and your buddy!!! Now get out there and put one on the ground for the "Timber Rattlers". Talk to you guys soon.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM

Congrats Huck on the Gator and congrats on the assist on the Mulie. Someday I will get out west to chase some of the critters you got running around out there.

Oh by the way Huck I picked something up this past weekend that you might be interested in getting your hands on

Thats right an Enigma Turkey call. It is the former Mojo made by River Valley Game calls and renamed the Enigma. Chuck made the deal to let them use our name and camo on it and of course never told anyone. LOL. Just thought you might find it interesting.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: DaRookie

Alright. Well I came to sort of a disappointing realization today. I'm pretty sure I've got the draw length on this new bow set too long. I can really keep it at a solid back wall or establish a consistent enough anchor point.

So...I'll take it back in this week to see if they switch the module out for me. I'm sure this guy's gonna get tired of seeing me...but what the hell, I need to get it right. Take care.
Hey Mike, Did you ever get you DL problem sorted out. I to was creeping off the back wall after I started to fatigue a little. I just returned home from the shop where I had him switch out my 28.5" mods to 28" mods. Let me tell you it made a world of difference. The bow seems to fit me much more comfortably now. I did lose about 6 FPS but Igot most of it back when we cut the extra arrow length down. Well just thought I would see if you got your problem taken care of. Talk to you guys soon.
What's going on everyone? Internet was down for a couple days, so I finally call my ISP, they tell me I'm offline and they'll need to send a tech out. So...we set the whole deal up and the next day service magically reappears...weird

Anyway, no I haven't gotten the module switched out yet. I took it in, but the shop didn't have any of the 28.5" mods (I'm at 29 right now), but they've got it on order and should be there next week. I tried a few shots with a 28" mod but the change was too drastic and felt uncomfortable. So, I'm hopin' 28.5 is the "happy medium." Thanks for asking, though. I'm glad to hear it worked out well for you. Hopefully I'll have the same result.

So, does anyone hear have a season that starts Sept. 1st? In fact, when does everyone's season start? Or have we already covered this?

- Take it easy
Old 08-31-2007, 08:40 PM

The PA season starts September 29th
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

Thats right an Enigma Turkey call. It is the former Mojo made by River Valley Game calls and renamed the Enigma. Chuck made the deal to let them use our name and camo on it and of course never told anyone. LOL. Just thought you might find it interesting.
Now Chad, I wouldn't say he never told anyone, I knew back in April.. Actually shortly before that.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

season starts Oct. 1 here in IL. One month exactly!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Season here in VA starts October 6...guess I should have included that info since I'm the one that brought it up.

That's a cool lookin' call. It's good to see Enigma's doing things to get their name out there, Chad.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Oct. 1 here in Indiana. I also got my new arrows. I went with the Beman ICS 400 elites with 4 in white and camo red feathers. They shoot amazing i cant shoot at one dot because ill tear them up they group so good. There the first arrow ive shot that when i screwed on a Fixed blade broadhead nothing changed i also robinhoohed my muzzy mx-3 with my G5 montec. im very impressed.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I need one of those turkey calls. Thanks Chad! I haven't seen them before.

I had a busy weekend. No deer yet...still pounding the dirt. But,...

I finally one up-ed my younger sister (I still feel puny when I compare all of her elk to mine. But, I got her this year)!

I spent this past weekend glassing for Mt. goats and chasing bear and elk. After two days of pounding the dirt at timberline, this old tire body was reluctant to “rise and shine” Monday morning (Labor Day), but I forced myself out the door. The self inflected pressure paid off! Since I was running late, instead of doing my normal routine, I parked along the highway. I grabbed my bow and pack. I shot straight into the woods. I had seen about 12 elk the night before. I didn't spook them (it was getting dark), but decided to leave them alone for the evening. I had hopes of finding them bedded down Monday morning somewhere in this area. Long story short, the plan paid off.

I was less than 200 yards from where I parked, I had heard crashing down below me. It was just crashing. It didn't sound like elk departing for the next county. I slowly moved down to investigate. It wasn’t long before I spied elk right below me! There were six to seven cows and a bull feeding from the trees and into a small sage meadow. I was 70 yards away and had about twenty yards of thinly spaced pines in front of me. They were right out in the open. I closed the gap. I ranged the bull, he was feeding and quartering away, at 53 yards. I eased forward two steps and came to full draw. The bull turned and presented me with a perfect broadside shot. Unfortunately, my peep did not rotate correctly. I stood there biting at my peep until it was in the right position. I remained undetected through the whole ordeal. Finally, the peep and I were ready to go. My heart was racing like crazy. I kept telling myself "it's just an elk"! Slowly my heart rate and blood pressure became manageable. I focused and tripped the trigger. The arrow impacted and blood began gushing everywhere! The bull was painting a roadmap as he departed-taking the cows with him. I was amazed! The bull lost a ton of blood but still managed to cover 3/8 of a mile. I found him dirt napping with all four legs pointing straight out. He must have died standing up. His legs could not carry the weight of his enormous body. He simply collapsed.

I stood admiring one of God's best accomplishments. I noticed the bull was missing his right eye. I had visions of another bull running through the woods with three eyes-one stuck on an antler point. Upon closer examination, the wound was healed. The injury must have occurred the year before. This bull was not smelly stinky-like they normally are during rut. I really believe he was hanging with the cows because of the “safety in numbers” factor. He would surly have been run off by a bigger bull once the rut hits full swing.

So, I get the bull out of the woods and back to camp. My sister threatens to call the "EDA" (ELK with Disabilities Administration). She threatens to file formal discrimination charges against me unless I concede her elk was harder to hunt. I gave in...us old guys need to take everything we get!

Here's a link:

http://hunting.sendphotos.com/storage/shared.aspx

Enjoy! As Always, Best of luck to everyone!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Huck!!!!! Thats awesome buddy!!!! Congrats on a beautiful elk. I'm sure getting ansy seeing all the success stories and pictures your posting. Only 25 more days and I can get in on some of the fun. Congrats again on the elk.

Quick Reply: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.