Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread >

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Huck, not confusing at all, I'm just an idiot! I didn't catch the part about mountains on Sunday, good luck, and please take lots of pics.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck, Huck. I just moved back to VA from Ft. Lauderdale. Nice not being there as hurricane season gets going.

Have fun and safe travels.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Guys. I'm a picture taking fool. I should have plenty of photos to share.

Yeah,they can keep all thehurricanes...I'll taken a blizzard over a hurricaneany day of the week!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 AM

Hey guys just checking in. Love the logo Huck great job. A little update as to what i've been up to. Well I went out last thursday and did some scouting. I didn't see anything (too hot) but I did find 2 great stand locations where I will be hanging my ladder stands. I also set up my trail camera on a small watering hole. which at the time was a great idea because we hadn't had rain in weeks, well it has done nothing but rain for the past 3 days or so. But hopefully I can have some pics of some of the buck in the area sneaking in to get a drink. I probably gonna sneak out and check it tomorrow or friday if I can.

I Haven't had much time to practice due to being out on the job hunt, which by the way I landed 2 part-time jobs working for Penn State University doing security stuff for Football games and concerts and other events. The football games actually pay pretty decent and I get to watch the games from the field. And then I am working at a local archery shop almost every night helping them keep up, so I've been pretty busy. Somehow I have to find some time to get some more shooting in. Well like I said just dropping by to say hello.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad,

FYI, we cannot man all of the positions available here in Co. If you're willing to move, there are plenty of job opportunities here! The hunting is just a little better than average also....
Old 08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just checkin in to see how everything is going. Chad, sounds like you landed a couple neat part-time jobs. I'm not sure about the Penn State part of it, but sitting on the sidelines of a college football game will be cool. Nota whole lot going on around here. I have been shooting a little bit everyday and my groups are starting to look real good at 20 and 30 yards.Soon I will begin shooting from some longer distances, but only to make my hunting distance (20-30 yards) shots that much easier. While I was shooting a few days agoI cost myself a few bucks (Picture below). If I keep this up, it could be an expensive year. Guess I'm gonna have to start shooting at differentsspots. Oh well, I guess it's not a bad thing. Talk to you guys later

Old 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a safe and successful trip Huck, we're looking forward to the pictures.

Great shootin Captain!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

How's it going, everyone? Just checking in here with a little bit of news. I picked up a Guardian this past Monday. Went with the WB rest, Montana Black Gold Sight, and some Carbon Express Rebels with Blazer vanes.

Anyway, I've been shootin' the crap out ofit so I'm a little stiff. It'sa great bow, though. The only annoying thing is that one of the Bowtech factory string silencers already broke off, so I replaced those with string leeches which are holding up so far (fingers crossed) and I got this stupid peep sight which keeps twisting and I get the string blocking the peep at full draw, so I'm gonna have to change that out to a Shurz-A-Peep or the Metapeep. Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with it and getting better each time out.

Hope y'all are doing ok. Wonder how Huck's doing wrastlin' with those gators?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Alright. Well I came to sort of a disappointing realization today. I'm pretty sure I've got the draw length on this new bow set too long. I can really keep it at a solid back wall or establish a consistent enough anchor point.

So...I'll take it back in this week to see if they switch the module out for me. I'm sure this guy's gonna get tired of seeing me...but what the hell, I need to get it right. Take care.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

goherd are those blazers in feather form or just 2in feathers?

Quick Reply: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.