Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread >

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:07 PM

Default RE: 22 - Official Team 22 Thread

so does anyone have any ideas as to a team name and any nominations forteam captain?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just me again,
got a bit more time on my hands so I thought I'd elaborate a bit on my situation.
Season opens Oct 1 for me, I have opening week off, after that it will be mostly weekends that I can get out there. The better of the two farms is open till Dec 15, the other is open till new years eve.
Problem is most of Ontario is 1 tag, so I have to have the self control to not take a doe, if I do there is very little chance of me getting out to an extra tag area where I could help the team with some inches (I believe the rule is 1st buck, not 1st deer).
Two years ago I harvested the 1st living thing I ever shot at with a bow, a small 6pt. Last year I got the chance to take a beautiful 8pt at about 35yrds, but my shot was low and forward and I got him in the bicep, all blood ended after about a mile (I didn't push him), I'm pretty sure he's still out there walking with a limp, so now I limit myself to 25yrds (not proud of this event, just letting you get to know me).
The farm I hunt most is soy this year, I have two comfortable permanents built in great spots, but if the deer don't co-operate I also have a ladder, a lock-on, and a climber to switch things up a bit. Hopefully they don't simply stay on the neighbours land thats corn - I can't get permission there.
I was target shooting yesterday, getting good groups, next weekend I hope to take some shots from the stands, and put out some markers at the distances my pins are set for (I know, should have done it months ago!).

Huck and Clayton, thanks for the generous offer, I need arrows but because of the border/lack of do-it-yourself gear/and tuning issues (want to switch from alum to carbon) I'll do it at my local pro-shop. The good news is since we are going to win this thing we will remain team-mates till next season, and I can buy my next batch from one of you!

Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

so does anyone have any ideas as to a team name and any nominations forteam captain?
I'd say captain is a race between PA and goherd, not that post count means alot, but you guys have been around these boards and know the rules, and the players (I've been around, but work on the road and could be cut off from the internet for a week at a time with little notice).

Do we want a name thats intimidating or funny?
I don't think I've seen The Horn Dogs used before.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

What's going on, fellas. Thanks for the offers Huck and Clayton. I'm new to bowhunting so there is a good chance I'll be needing some gear in the near future (once I figure out what I'm lacking).

Alright. Here's the results of today's brainstorming for team name ideas.
First, not too funny or intimidating -- "The Fall Guys"
Second, kinda funny (at least at the time) is -- The Fawntastics

Like I said, just brainstorming...
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I have been trying to think of a good name for our team but haven't been able to come up with any.I like The "Horn Dogs" thats kind of funny, LOL. As far as the team captain,That is totally up to you guys. I was captain of my team last year and would gladly do it again. However, if anyone else wants to be captain that is fine with me. PA Hardwoods, I know you are on here alot like myself so if you want the captain duties thats OK with me. Maybe we can let the rest of our teammates decide. Guys, I'm getting pumped for the season to start. I have been shooting my new bow this evening and am getting great groups at 20-30 yards. My arrows are flying in the 295-300 fps range so I am praying that I can get my broadheads to group as well as my field points. Anywho, keep tossing out some ideas for our team name and I will check in with you guys a little later. Good Shootin To ya.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Huck, I hunt in Pike county Pa. NE corner of the state. My club borders the Delaware River but it's mostly hardwoods and pretty difficult to bow hunt effectively with my limited scouting time, so I will primarily hunt my property that I close on 8/31 (hopefully).This property is a mix of hardwoods and fields with a stream and pond, plus I'll be able to roll out of bed and hunt so time should be not be an issue.

I like the funny names better than the serious ones and I'll be fine with whomever is picked for team captain. Thanks to the pro-staff guys for the offers, I'm set from last year but appreciate the offer.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

I agree. Horn Dogs is pretty funny. As for the captain thing, as far as I'm concerned we can flip a coin for the guys that have been in the contest before.

Glad to hear you're shootin' well Herd. I haven't had a chance to get out there in a few days...travelling, work, yada yada. Anyway, everybody be careful. Just saw a thread in the regular forum about another foot injury. Looks like Murphy's law around here. Take care.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:05 PM

Its nice to be noticed guys, if anyone wants to nominate me for team captain I would gladly do it, But I have no problem at all with anyone doing it.

As far as me being Co-head of the Enigma Camo Pro staff, I wish I could offer you guys some camo at a discount right now, but unfortunately I can't. I may be able to get my hands on a few hats though, I'll see what I can do. What I can tell you is that Enigma Camo is running a a deal of free shipping on all orders placed before August 15th but I am currently working on getting that extended to atleast the end of the month. I recent;y got my new Generation 2 Jacket and wow what a hunting garment. Chuck Pensyl the owner of Enigma did one hell of a job designing this garment. Top notch I must say and the improvements to the pattern are fantastic. I saw some test photos from Colorado taken last month and it was amazing how they turned out. I have some pics I took and I will post them for you guys to see.

I honestly haven't gotten much scouting in so far this year, due to me getting a divorce, and then getting laid off from my job and trying to find another job. Bet hell or high water I will be out on stand as much as possible this year.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM

Here is the overall view of the Jacket with the revised Generation 2 Camo

Here is the Roomy waist Cargo Pockets

Here you can see the Fleece lined Handwarmer Pockets and the zippered Slash chest pockets and the button storm flap over the jacket Zipper

Here are the arm slack adjusters and the wrist adjusters

Here are the waist Slack adjusters on the back of the Jacket

And Finally a closeup view of the License holder tab, for us guys in states that still require back tags and the safety harness tether hole and the flap to cover it.

If anyone has any question feel free to ask. I am not trying to push this on you guys just showing what I will be wearing in the woods this year.

By the way HUck did you get a new set of the G2 camo yet?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Hardwoods - sorry to hear your troubles. Lots of times those things work out for the better, though.

I've also got a question for you. I've mentioned before that I'm new to the bowhunting scene and I'm pretty much doing a gear over-haul at the same time. I've seen things here and there on the forums about the enigma stuff. I'd be interested in some more info as I'm looking at getting some new camo. I hunt in VAat the base of theBlue Ridge mountainsso I'm guessing the timber is pretty similar to what you guys have in PA.

Take care.

Quick Reply: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.